Role: Graphic Designer/ Creative Specialist
Duration: Contract to Hire
Location: Rancho Cordova, CA
- Retail and branding experience would be ideal, but not necessary.
- Contractor will be working with other members of the team to fulfill requests for site, email, social and paid media communications.
- Mostly digital, but some print.
With minimum supervision, involved in the creation of branding and design for packaging, advertising, promotional and marketing collateral and other published works in various mediums (print, multimedia, web).
- Conceptualize, design and coordinate original artwork, art logos and copy layouts to ensure marketing pieces are creative and effective; determines style, size and arrangement of type and illustrations
- Develop creative themes that convey intended meaning to target audience that communicate brand and other conceptual visual impressions
- Manage graphic design projects within assigned budgets and timeframes
- Coordinate and schedule projects with business partners and vendors
- Aid in art direction of photography, video production and press checks
- Primary focus is on flawless execution and production of creative projects
Typically has the following skills or abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field or equivalent graphic design experience
- Three to five years of equivalent computer graphic design work experience including typesetting, layout color theory, and creation of original artwork
- Proficient with the Macintosh computer utilizing PageMaker, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and FreeHand, and knowledge of PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and Excel Demonstrated proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to effectively communicate information to a wide variety of technical and non-technical individuals or groups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment
- Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment the in performance of his/her job duties
- Working Conditions The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust etc.
- The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.