D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S. was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for a Graphic Designer for their Main Office or Corporate Marketing Department. The right candidate will be responsible for design, creation, and delivery of marketing related content (written and graphical) that supports marketing activities of the various home builder divisions of D.R. Horton, Inc. This position will work on multiple print, video and web campaigns at a time. This position must be able to work within tight deadlines and budget(s) and have excellent communication and time management skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Division Graphic Designer:
- Creating, proofing and contracting all newspaper ads
- Website changes, updates and design
- Taking photographs for website, flyers and brochures
- Creating images for website
- Creating brochures and flyers for Home Basics & Beyond and model homes
- Creating pamphlet for gift basket
- Billing and recruiting vendors for gift baskets pamphlet
- Designing street signs and model home wall signs
- Creating and editing News Close to Home quarterly newsletter
- Design logos for neighborhoods
- Corporate Graphic Designer:
- Illustrates concepts by designing rough layout of art and copy, regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Develops and coordinates web graphics, brochures, logos, and videos for specific assignments.
- Ensures that graphics and imagery are approved, accurate and continuously up-to-date. Keeps the corporate site updated with fresh, relevant and inviting content and design.
- Reviews web-based marketing content for grammar and factual information.
- Ensures that the layout of all videos, virtual tours, graphics and imagery content is accessible, logical and recommends improvements when necessary.
- Formats videos, photos, and virtual tours for posting.
- Supports users with webpage and email template designs.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing projects as needed.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school (at a minimum); or two to four year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) preferred for corporate positions.
- Corporate Graphic Designer Candidate must be proficient or have working knowledge of:
- Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Audio & Video technology and methods
- Adobe Flash
- HTML, HTML 5, CSS and other markup languages
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental. Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America's Builder.
Come follow our newest Open Jobs on Twitter and like us on Facebook!