Description Job Description:
Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a Graphics Software Engineer
, supporting multiple US Navy programs located Bethesda, MD. Leidos' High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, independent, self-starter for a challenging position supporting a dynamic organization that develops and produces state of the art training and visual simulation systems.
Candidate will develop software as part of the team creating three dimensional graphics systems including a submarine periscope simulation, a submarine bridge simulation, and a ship weapons simulation. This code is used in a variety of naval training and simulation systems. All software is developed in a Linux environment, and written in C++ and OpenGL, utilizing various software packages. Software development will include designing, coding, unit testing, and integration testing. Candidate will develop sophisticated, real-time software to enhance the fidelity of the visual simulation. Work will include the development of new code and the maintenance and extension of existing code. A background in physics or mathematics is useful to implement physics-based enhancements, such as ocean wave models.
Travel may be required to trainer sites, including Pearl Harbor HI, San Diego CA, Bangor WA, Norfolk VA, Groton CT, and Kings Bay GA, and will not exceed 10% of the job.Required Qualifications:
Good to Have Qualifications:
- Recent BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Graphics, or related technical field
- Must have experience with C++ and OpenGL
- Must have strong knowledge of object oriented development and data structures, be able to adhere to identified coding standards, must have experience with version control systems
- Candidate must have a strong working knowledge of tools and libraries available for the Linux operating system
- Must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and an ability to learn and apply new skills.
- Be a flexible, positive and energetic team player, and be able to work in a fast-paced environment. Demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, plan and prioritize personal tasking, effectively communicate verbally and in writing, and be able to work successfully in a team environment
- Experience with OpenGL/GLSL/Vulkan
- Must be a US citizen and have the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
- Experience with development in Unreal Engine 4, OpenSceneGraph, or similar engines
- Experience in modern game programming
- Experience with physics-based modeling and visual simulation systems, or real time graphics programming
- Experience with developing for Virtual Reality headsets
- Knowledge of graphics hardware and GPU internals
- Experience with high performance computing
- Exposure to unit testing, continuous integration and code reviews
- Active DoD Secret clearance highly preferred
- A code portfolio is preferable for demonstration of previous, or self-started projects, ex: GitHub