In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
Acts as a ground architecture site activation lead for the Air Forces Advanced Ground Systems Special Projects Division. May organize interfaces between customers' and Aerospace technical and management staff. Coordinates technical efforts in support of program goals. Key Functions
• The selected applicant will serve as a key member of a team supporting the planning, acquisition and development of advanced communications systems.
• The position is for a technical and acquisition role within an integrated program office of Air Force, Aerospace, and SE&I contractors. The PE will work integrally and effectively with the government program office team and staff from external organizations.
• This role will require working closely with multiple contractors, program offices, external agencies, and others. Establishing and maintaining the confidence and trust of the government customer is expected.
• The selected applicant will execute efforts with respect to the evaluation, acquisition, and development of advanced communication architecture and will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of the project life cycle, design reviews, ground site build out, integration and test, and early operational testing.
• Duties include evaluation of potential antenna architectures and associated trades; development, management, and verification of system requirements; evaluation and assessment of system processes; evaluation of ground system related contractor deliverables and proposals; mission assurance planning and implementation; and test definition, planning, and execution.
• The selected applicant will coordinate relevant Aerospace ETG contributions, and keep management informed of program status.
• A moderate amount of overseas and local travel is expected.QualificationsRequired
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent;
• At least 8 years of experience with network architecture and development (other relevant professional qualifications will be considered);
• Good leadership and organizational skills;
• Experience with the evaluation of software development processes;
• Experience with ground system requirements analysis and development;
• Experience with ground integration, test, and verification;
• Seasoned technical analysis and judgment skills;
• Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of customer, contractor, and Aerospace personnel;
• Superior verbal and written communication skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Moderate amount of travel;
• Active Top Secret/SCI. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearancePreferred
• Advanced degree in engineering or science;
• Experience with mission assurance processes;
• Active clearances for the Air Force's Advanced Capabilities Division;Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone ator by email at
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
poster and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement