Business Group Highlights Intelligence
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions. ResponsibilitiesThe Ground Systems Acquisition and Requirements Engineer will support the Ground Segment Team on a new program at Perspecta, focused on systems engineering and the acquisition of a Space Domain architecture.The Ground Systems Requirements Engineer will be responsible for the complete end-to-end life cycle of the customer's Ground Enterprise. The
Project performs technical planning, systems integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analysis for critical government system. Specific duties include:
As the Ground System Engineer you will provide support for the acquisition of ground systems. You will be responsible for:
- Assist the government procurement agencies to develop acquisition strategies, work statements, evaluation plans and qualify vendors.
- Support the entire acquisition life cycle, from pre-award planning through solicitation preparation, contract award, contract administration and contract close-out.
- Improve acquisition policy and procedures to devise strategies for deploying and implementing new acquisition initiatives and measuring the effectiveness of these implementations as part of the system acquisitions.
- Support the development acquisition plans, source selection documents, justifications and approvals, synopses, and requests for proposals/quotes/bids.
- Assist in the development of acquisition packages that include but are not limited to Request for Changes (RFCs), Statements of Work (SOWs), Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and development contracts.
- Managing requirements for programs and projects
- Guide requirements through the full development lifecycle process
- Derive system level requirements and work with team to develop the corresponding documentation
- Identify, control and maintain operational requirements within DOOR and JIRA
- Scope and link requirements for proper system definition
- Write system engineering documents, follow and update templates for said documents
- Scope and link requirements for proper system definition
- Manage program artifacts(documents, requirements, presentations, memo, minutes etc.) through multi-stage development activities
Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.Required skills:
- Hold an active Top Secret Clearance
- Experience with satellite and satellite ground systems (requirements, acquisition, development, or operation)
- Understanding of all aspects of the requirements formulation and validation and ability to assess program requirement risk areas and to programs design baseline cost and acquisition schedules.
- Possess a strong Ground Systems Engineering background across the TCPED
- Experience drafting system engineering documentation
- Experience managing program artifacts
- Experience with system design, development, integration, and testing
- Experience with System Integration, identifying key integration points
- Ability to represent key decisions and identify risks to the customer
About PerspectaWhat matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.Perspecta is anAA/EEOEmployer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
- Experience in engineering and or acquisition of Intelligence Community and or DoD spacecraft systems
- Knowledge of IC and or DoD acquisition roles, processes and or program managme
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous customer requests in a fast pace deadline driven environment
- Experience supporting IC or DoD in Systems Engineering and Systems Integration
- Possess SAFE Agile certification and ability to apply agile practices to delivery
- Possess AWS certification
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provisionPay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).