Business Group Highlights Intelligence
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions. ResponsibilitiesThe Ground Systems Command and Control Requirements Engineer will support the Ground Segment Team on a new program at Perspecta, focused on systems engineering and integration of a new Space Domain architecture.The Command and Control Requirements engineer will lead the facilitation of defining and developing of the Command and Control component with a focus on systems engineering and applying standards. The Command and Control Requirements Engineer supports the requirements development, decomposition, flow down, verification and validation across the entire lifecycle from concept to disposal of the Command and Control component of the full ground system. The Command and Control system will consist of hardware and software architecture as well as all internal and external system interfaces. The Command and Control Requirements Engineer shall support trade studies that provide recommendation on the potential use of Commercial Cloud Services in the Ground's Infrastructure, Platform, and Software as a service (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) to meet security, scalability, redundancy, and resilience requirements. The requirements are iteratively matured through the systems engineering lifecycle. The ideal candidate will have experience integrating space systems with ground mission systems, and experience in mission management; command and control; and mission processing.The selected candidate will support further development of the Ground command and control system in the following ways:
- Support system requirements verification, validation, and traceability activities.
- Support and lead a collaborative working group on product definitions, mission CONOPS, and technical implementation of new mission products
- Perform engineering and analysis to ensure programs successfully develop and deliver core command and control services in all phases of the acquisition life cycle.
- Interface directly with development prime contractors in the role of oversight, monitoring of software development and integration activities and ensuring alignment with Government requirements and objectives
- Retain cognizance of wide-variety of projects including, technical baseline, project schedules, dependencies, risk and cost
- Conduct planning for command and control architecture needs (technical trade studies, definitions of future architecture planning, software services recommendation etc.)
- Provide oversight and technical guidance in support of transition of products and integration support for product application into command and control implementation
Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.Required Skills:
- Hold an active Top Secret Clearance
- Satellite ground systems knowledge with emphasis in command & control
- Understanding of satellite command & control, with focus command types, command path, command transmission, command acceptance and SOH telemetry.
- Managing requirements for programs and projects
- Guide requirements through the full development lifecycle process
- Derive system level requirements and work with team to develop the corresponding documentation
- Identify, control and maintain operational requirements within DOOR and JIRA
- Scope and link requirements for proper system definition
- Write system engineering documents, follow and update templates for said documents
- Scope and link requirements for proper system definition
- Manage program artifacts(documents, requirements, presentations, memo, minutes etc.) through multi-stage development activities
- System Engineering processes - full system lifecycle experience - architecture products, interpretation of user requirements, allocation to segments within a system, requirements development and documentation, risk management, verification and validation, etc.
- Demonstrated capability and success working in team environments
- Strong communication and briefing skills with peers and senior leaders
- Excellent ability to work within team structure
- Customer focused and capable of representing the customer in community forms
About PerspectaWhat matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.Perspecta is anAA/EEOEmployer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or related field (Aerospace, Electrical, Math or similar technical degree)
- Domain knowledge in ground software, space development programs or mission operations programs
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous customer requests in a fast pace deadline driven environment
- Experience supporting IC or DoD in Systems Engineering and Systems Integration
- Possess SAFE Agile certification and ability to apply agile practices to delivery
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provisionPay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).