Group Lead (Manager) - Platform Engineering
NICE/Nexidia is looking for a manager/leader to join our Platform Engineering Group as we grow our market leading position in the Customer Interaction Data-Analytics space.JOB SUMMARY
You will manage multiple Agile Teams in our Platform Engineering Group for our Nexidia Interaction Analytics Product Suite, reporting to a Director of R&D. We are looking for a leader who can develop fundamentally strong agile teams, manage the production of quality software, meet deadlines, manage priorities, and manage the career growth of their directs. Our ideal candidate has several years of senior software engineering AND management experience. To be clear, this is a software engineering, management tract position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides engineering and SDLC leadership for two distinct agile teams.
- Can speak intelligently about all aspects of the team, including technical solutions
- Participates in agile ceremonies, including grooming
- Managing priorities
- Manages direct reports, including architects
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Agile software development experience
- Experience leading and mentoring teams
- Solid software engineering theory and methodologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Is willing to assist the team in any manner
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Creative problem solving, debugging and root-cause analysis skills
- Has developed software for large scale enterprise products.
- Experience with data warehousing and ETL.
- Experience with SQL, C#
- Experience with MicroStrategy and/or other Business Intelligence solutions
- Experience with real-time telephony applications
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field