Position: Group Product Manager, DirectorLocation:
Herndon, VAExostar - The Company:
Exostar’s cloud-based platforms create exclusive communities within the Aerospace and Defense, Life Sciences, and other highly-regulated industries where members securely collaborate, share information, and operate compliantly. Within these communities we build trust. By analyzing community data we provide insights and intelligence, enabling organizations to make better, timelier decisions, to mitigate risk, and operate more efficiently.Exostar - The Employer:
- We believe in employee development: we promote internally and provide training and educational assistance
- We provide a fun, engaged workplace, with social and community-building events
- We offer comprehensive benefits and PTO plans, including a holiday break between Christmas and New Year’s Day
Exostar is seeking an innovative and inspirational product leader who can manage, define and help us shape the future of our Identity and Access Management (IAM) line of products. If you are passionate about delivering world-class products that exceed customer expectations and having an opportunity to play a key role in transforming security and collaboration for the Aerospace and Defense, Life Sciences, and Healthcare communities, we want you on our team. This role will be based in Herndon, VA outside of Washington, D.C., and reports to the Vice President of Product Management.
The Group Product Manager, Director (GPM-D) is responsible for managing a product portfolio and ultimately for making decisions regarding which products warrant invest, which should be sustained, and which should be sunset. Other responsibilities include product P&L (including revenue growth and profitability), building a roadmap that addresses evolving and emerging technical and function customer and market requirements; serving as the company’s IAM Subject Matter Expert; providing product leadership and direction to our Engineering, Operations, and Technical teams; and creating and leading the execution of a long term product strategy for the IAM component of Exostar’s broader market offerings.
The GPM-D must be a strong leader, staff manager and team player who is comfortable working in a dynamic, fluid environment. The GPM-D will manage the Product Managers and Business Analysts within the group. The successful candidate will have a strong technical background with experience in Identity and Access Management, strong business acumen, outstanding communication skills, and the ability to collaborate cross functionally and with partners.Your day, if you join us: Essential Job Functions
You meet our “must haves” for this role if you have:
- Creating a product vision, technology strategy, and roadmap for Exostar’s IAM platforms
- Owning and driving product priorities on both operational and strategic levels; developing and managing plans for enhancements as well as new products and services to leverage related market opportunities while solving for technical debt, security risks, and operational efficiencies;
- Understanding and owning product strategy, developing business requirements and functional specs; clearly and effectively communicating product strategy, functionality, and requirements to internal and external stakeholders
- Developing product positioning strategies, value propositions, marketing content, and appropriate pricing strategies
- Managing multiple product owners/managers; providing leadership and direction to the team including recruiting, hiring, goal setting, resource allocation, utilization, performance management, professional development, coaching, inspiring, career pathing, succession planning and organization effectiveness
- Working with customers and potential customers to gather feedback on how to improve and extend our offerings; understanding customer use cases and align with product marketing strategies
- Strong understanding of user experience and the ability to drive product usability
- Researching competitive landscape, proactively gathering market information and competitive intelligence, and adjusting product roadmaps to address the relevant markets
- Measuring product line success by customer acquisition, cost structure, profitability
- Managing appropriate customer user and advisory groups
- Working closely with customer support team to monitor and resolve customer escalations along with Engineering leadership
- Supporting demand generation activities as needed including customer meetings, demonstrations, RFP responses, and business case development
- Ensuring Exostar's products and services are delivered to market resulting in the highest levels of customer satisfaction
- Managing key vendor relationships as needed to ensure appropriate coordination of future releases of technology, go-to-market efforts, and on-going delivery to customers.
- Analyzing new technologies and maintain close working relationships with industry experts and leading technology providers
- Perform other duties as assigned.
You’re exactly who we’re looking for if you have:
- Travel: Yes up to 33%
- 5+ years of technical software Product Management experience, with at least 2 years of experience managing a team of 2 or more Product or Technical professionals
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred
- Identity and Access Management product experience
- Cyber security domain experience
- Experience with agile methodologies and an understanding of product management's role in various development methodologies.
- Ability to adapt and work in a progressive, dynamic, changing environment
- Outstanding verbal and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation skills - both creating and giving
- Ability to evaluate new product ideas and to independently create and present business cases
- Passion for working on a variety of product issues and customer/user related challenges.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be a team player and/or work independently required
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive required
- Strong people and project management skills
- 8+ years of Product Management experience, with at least 3 years of Product Management experience with an Identity and Access Management or cyber security company
- Cyber security domain experience, including endpoint, cloud or network security and a 3 years of Identity Management related experience
- Understanding of the operation of Certificate Authorities
- Aerospace and Defense industry preferred, Life Sciences and Healthcare domain experience desirable
Exostar is an Equal Employment Employer. The company provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or genetic information. Exostar is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons in all facets of employment including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, training, benefits, transfers and working conditions.