Our client is currently seeking a Guidewire Developer for a 6 month (plus extensions) contract in Philadelphia, PA.
* 7 to 10 years of experience as a developer with experience of design and team-leading
* An understanding of the insurance business, an ability to talk to business analysts and SMEs in order to translate business requirements into system changes.
* A full understanding of the GW product suite and the frameworks/options available for development.
* Knowlege in configuration and coding using Guidewire tools and accelerators, Guidewire Batch, and Guidewire predefined plugins.
* Experience in configuration of screen layouts, including creation of new screens, enhancements to others and XML file changes.
* Database definition and design at the application level
* Experience relating to screen-related changes, changes to wizards, workflows, validation rules, an Business rules.
* Definition, design and configuration of the company structure (single or multiple internal companies, organization structure, regions, branches, users, roles, permissions, producer codes).
* Ability to solve business needs/requirements with creative use of out of the box functionality.
* A strong Gosu and Java background as well as utilization of Guidewire Studio required.
* Must have experience using Java and J2EE
* Highly proficient in SQL (T-SQL or PL/SQL)
* Experience writing SQL Queries
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Strong analytical and technical skills.
* Prior experience with GIT, Jenkins, Rally or other similar applications.