We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on LinkedIn ! Job Summary
Primarily focused on the design, development and maintenance of Selenium automated suite and framework, prototyping innovative solutions, streamlining the execution of various applications in the software delivery release lifecycle. The position will develop and review robust automated test scripts that reduce the need for manual testing using data driven test methodologies in different environments. The position will also identify improvements in automated scripts for various new and existing functional changes within the applications proposed by the software developers and will work to make sure that the automated regression suites are up to date with the latest releases. Essential Job Functions
- Proficient in debugging in Java, Selenium scripts.
- Proficient in cucumber and ability to adapt to new scripting languages in the TDD & BDD frameworks.
- Experienced in Jenkins and Dev ops process.
- Design, develop and maintain scalable automated test suites and test frameworks.
- Provide leadership in defining the automation methodologies, strategies, standards, tools, best practices for automation processes.
- Develop and oversee the execution of the automated functional and regression suites.
- Assist with enhancing the automation test framework by supporting a continuous integration environment with an automated smoke and regression test suite.
- Debug and spot check the failures of the automated scripts using standard methods for ease of re-execution.
- Execute, monitor and analyze test results by aligning test case coverage to organization metrics.
- Train and coordinate with automation engineers on best practices
- Recommend new/evolving trends in automated testing within software delivery.
- Work closely with software development engineers, manual QA testers, release engineers and cross-functional teams to incorporate optimal solutions.
- Own and drive automated scripting best practices, procedures, standards and apply to the development/delivery process.
- Communicate issues and concerns to appropriate parties based on analysis and defects.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, priorities, and responsibilities in a dynamic environment.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing. Physical Environment
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment. Education Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience. Experience Requirements
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
- At least 5 + Years of experience in developing automation scripts using Selenium.
- Experience in Agile software development methodology.
- Working knowledge of Devops tool to integrate automation test suite in CI/CD pipe line.
- Experience working with Version Control tools such as GitHub.
- Experience in building test automation for APIs.
- Experience programming in Java, TestNG/Junit.
- Outstanding knowledge of the principles in designing easily modifiable and extensible automated tests.
- Ability to write and understand SQL queries to perform data verification and setup data.
- Build, maintain and enhance Automation scripts.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to make decision in a timely Fashion.
- Ability to work proactively and effectively in a fast-paced, complex and dynamic environment.
Full-time Job Posting: