Our Property & Casualty client, with offices in Monterey, CA and Reno, NV is looking for a Guidewire Developer with PolicyCenter experience on a contract to hire basis (6 months). Working alongside the Guidewire and the internal Application Architect, the Developer will work on Enterprise projects using Guidewire PolicyCenter, Java, and Gosu. You will be supporting large program development and future enhancements, as well as contribute to the overall success of the organization.
Remote for now, will offer hybrid work schedule upon return to office onsite in Monterey or Reno.
- Configuration of Guidewire Suite Interface screens, primarily in PolicyCenter.
- Modify core engine aspects, OOB features, and screen components for User Interface.
- Work on Underwriting Issues, Activities, Process Workflow, Validations, etc. Involved with implementation, integration, upgrade, enhancements, and support.
- Assist with testing, code reviews, defect triage, work arounds, and documentation.
- Collaborate with onsite and offsite Developers, QAs, BAs, Scrum Masters, etc.
- Participate in Agile/Scrum process including stand ups, sprint planning, backlog, etc.
- Participate in preparing and maintaining plans to develop custom software, Guidewire products, and integration with other third-party applications.
- Document, implement and unit test code based on approved designs.
- Participate in resolving technical issues, establishing design, coding, and testing priorities.
- Troubleshoot, as required, problems with software in production.
- Develop and maintain GOSU language application code within Guidewire Policy Center application
- Leveraging proven DevOps, Agile Engineering/XP practices, tools and techniques to ensure rapid development, testing and delivery of high-quality code to production, reliably and effortlessly.
- Utilizing your creativity and entrepreneurial spirit to actively incorporate an ongoing culture of learning, growth and innovation.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science preferred
- 5+ years of Guidewire development, GOSU and Java experience required
- In depth PolicyCenter experience required (mid to senior level)
- Previous knowledge and demonstrated ability with GOSU programming preferred
- Experience with the design, development, modification and deployment of software, including object-oriented programming concepts.
- Two-plus years of professional experience in analyzing, coding, testing, and debugging enterprise applications, with at least one of the following:
- Web application and Web Services development (C#, Java, etc.)
- .NET (VB.NET, ASP.NET, C#)
- Two-plus years of professional experience developing solutions integrating with enterprise databases, including writing SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Solid understanding of standard, enterprise-level development concepts, tools, and relational database management.