- Monitor the lifecycle of systems by being aware of obsolescence and release dates for the product per the System Development Lifecycle.
- Work comfortably within both Agile and Waterfall development methodologies.
- Review patch and upgrade information and ensure implementation where appropriate.
- Own problem management process and ensures resolution to completion, including identifying discrepancies between systems and developing preventative measures for the long term.
- Track issues and errors, documenting resolutions.
- Act as a liaison between the Company and third-party vendors.
- Create technical documentation and make available for both administrators and users.
- Respond to and resolve reported application, data, or tool issues in a timely manner.
- Identify and resolve advanced application issues using appropriate code languages, toolsets, or configuration processes.
- Perform peer reviews for Level I and II Developers on technical design approaches and ensuring conformity to standards and quality.
- Ensure changes follow appropriate release management processes.
- Raise awareness of application, tool and data issues and resolutions with the Customer and appropriate IT personnel.
- Create and review/approved technical design documents and specifications on change requests and assignments within a project while maintaining documentation and abstracts in conformance with standards.
- Maintain knowledge of architectural/coding standards.
- Assist/lead in development of analysis and design for new or existing systems.
- Participate in groups/committees related to processes, standards and best practices.
- Maintain and enhance technical abilities through continuing research and education.
- Review program specifications for completeness and conformance to quality standards.
- Works with minimum supervision and exercises sufficient discretion and independent judgment.
- Maintains confidentiality of information processed, as appropriate.
- Verify changes by developing unit test plans, test data and scripts. Strong debugging skills.
- Mentor less experienced Level I and Level II Developers.
- Work with architecture group to set direction of design and development standards. Assists with implementation and execution of those standards. Serves as a project leader to ensure quality deliverables and sound design execution.
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing development policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed
- Understands and evaluates the relevant requirements, architecture, and design documentation
- Builds software components (including prototype code, new code, interfaces, etc.) in accordance with the relevant requirements, system and software architectures, design, and coding standards
- Assist developers with issues related to configuration management tools (branch, merge, tag, etc)
- Evaluate user requests for new or modified programs to determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current systems, and computer capabilities.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.
**This role is to support BillingCenter/PolicyCenter**
#DICEPOSTRequirementsEMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field. Combinations of relevant education, certifications, and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged. EXPERIENCE:
Five years experience within an IT environment which provides the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
Additional Skills/Knowledge/Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of, and the ability to apply, necessary software programming practices and procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to work under stressful situations and display professional demeanor.
- Ability to apply the principles of independent logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Experience working within both Agile and Waterfall development methodologies
- Ability to comprehend the consequences of various problem situations and to refer them for appropriate decision making.
- Proficiency in SQL and relational database concepts.
- Ability to design program logic, prepares test data, and test programs.
- Ability to review business requirements and compare to application for possible deviations from customer expectations.
- Excellent triage, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, establishes work flows, and meets necessary deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively exchange information clearly and concisely, and present ideas, report facts and other information, and respond to questions as appropriate.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to perform other assignments at locations outside the office.
- Ability to work varying hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Understand the need for, and display, a strong sense of urgency while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Experience with development within one of the following applications: ClaimCenter, BillingCenter, PolicyCenter
- Knowledge of and ability to perform UI configuration
- Experience with event driven architecture
- Knowledge of and ability to develop integrations to third party services
- Proficiency in Java, Gosu .NET or other object-oriented development languages.
- Working knowledge of Oracle and Microsoft SQL DDL and DML.
- Experience with development using Oracle Middleware.
- Knowledge of and sound-decision making around the use of enterprise scheduling and monitoring tools.
Work is performed mainly in an office environment with minimal hazards. Ability to work extended hours as needed. May be exposed to temperatures which may be cooler than a normal office setting. Travel may be required.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an "at will" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.