We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits, locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!ResponsibilitiesA Day In The Life Of A Guidewire PolicyCenter Developer
State Farm is focused on modernization efforts within the Property & Casualty systems. You'll be spending the majority of your time writing code in a small product team. We like to use mob and paired programming along with individual development. As an experienced developer you'll also be helping the team produce the highest quality software possible by collaborating on design and code reviews. You'll be working with PolicyCenter along with building restful integration services and interaction with many other product teams across State Farm. Your team will own product(s) throughout the lifecycle and deploy often using automated delivery pipelines. Required Technical Skills:
QualificationsPreferred Technical Skills:
- Excellent hands on experience on Java and/or GOSU
- Good understanding of Property Casualty Insurance
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, any Engineering discipline, or related field.
What You Can Expect
- 3 - 5 years of technical hands on experience on Guidewire applications PolicyCenter
- GOSU, GOSU Plugins, Screen Configuration
- Familiar with test automation and various products (Codecept, Boost etc.)
- Experience with Full Stack Development
- Java/J2EE, SOAP/Restful webservices Development
- Hands on XML, HTML/JSP, Spring MVC, CSS, AJAX, Junit
- Strong Object-Oriented Programming experience
- Version control tools experience such as GIT
- Work experience in a collaborative team environment
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skill
What's In It For You
- Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in the interview process. This is where the excitement begins!
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity
- Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential: Who doesn't want money, right?
- Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the community!
- Tuition Reimbursement: We support opportunities for you to learn and grow!
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee Development, and more!
- 401k Plan
- Dress Code: We trust our employees to dress for their day. That's right, we trust you...
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is simply the right thing to do!
- Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers!