One Company...Many Careers!
State Farm is seeking a bright, diligent Software Developer to join our Guidewire practice. Ideal candidate must have a successful track record of implementing, solution design, configuration, extension, customization and post live support experience with Guidewire PolicyCenter. A Day In The Life Of A Guidewire PolicyCenter Developer - req11208
State Farm is focused on modernization efforts within the Property & Casualty systems. You'll be spending the majority of your time writing code in a small product team. We like to use mob and paired programming along with individual development. As an experienced developer you'll also be helping the team produce the highest quality software possible by collaborating on design and code reviews. You'll be working with PolicyCenter along with building restful integration services and interaction with many other product teams across State Farm. Your team will own product(s) throughout the lifecycle and deploy often using automated delivery pipelines.
At State Farm, we also offer a wide array of development opportunities and a bright, fresh work environment at CityLine DFW.
Office Location (Richardson, TX
) ...where we work hard AND play hard! http://citylinedfw.com/about/
Our campus is conveniently located near the local transit and we have several restaurants on campus. We Are Looking for Candidates WithRequired Technical Skills:
Preferred Technical Skills:
- 3 - 5 years of technical hands on experience on Guidewire applications Policy Center
- Excellent hands on experience on Java / GOSU
- GOSU, GOSU Plugins, Screen Configuration
- Good understanding of Property Casualty Insurance
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, any Engineering discipline, or related field.
What You Can Expect
- Java/J2EE, SOAP/Restful webservices Development
- Hands on XML, HTML/JSP, Spring MVC, CSS, AJAX, Junit
- Strong Object-Oriented Programming experience
- Version control tools experience such as GIT
- Work experience in a collaborative team environment
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skill
What's In It For You
- Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in the interview process. This is where the excitement begins!
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We're here to help life go right®Come join our passionate team!
- Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential: Who doesn't want money, right?
- Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the community!
- Tuition Reimbursement: We support opportunities for you to learn and grow!
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee Development, and more!
- 401k Plan and FULLY FUNDED PENSION: Yes, both. This is kind of a BIG deal!
- Dress Code: We trust our employees to dress for their day. That's right, we trust you...
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is simply the right thing to do!
- Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers!