This position works with HCM and the other business groups to develop reports and provide analysis to inform and support decision-making. This role will utilize data analysis methodologies, reporting and data visualization tools such as Microsoft Power BI, and requires an understanding of data mining/mashing, analytical mindset, data visualization, and the ability to frequently interface with executive and senior leaders. They are responsible for the design, delivery, and analysis of department reports. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use statistical methods to conduct analysis of business data to identify actionable insights and generate useful business reports.
- Proactively partners with HCM department leaders to determine reporting and data needs and provide solutions.
- Act as liaison between the Data Specialist and department leadership to build out needed infrastructure to produce necessary department reporting outputs.
- Use Microsoft Power BI to develop reports, dashboards, and models to explore data and create models that depict trends.
- Delivers high quality analysis, reports, presentations using simple and effective visualizations that can be scaled for consumption by a larger audience
- Develops and delivers reports on weekly, monthly and quarterly department metrics
- Determine project priority in alignment with department requirements and expectations, escalating projects that require a quick turnaround as needed
- Builds strong relationships and collaborates with teammates, business leaders, and other internal clients
- Continuously monitors data quality and integrity, auditing for and troubleshooting inconsistencies
- Produce ad hoc reports and make determination if an ad-hoc report may require permanent buildout
- Documents and maintains procedures for reports and records of information management and storage protocols
- Manage YouTrack/JIRA queue, looking for outstanding items and prompting action from team members.
- Provide training and guidance to lower level analysts in regard to databases and advanced reporting and workflow tools
- Bachelor's degree, preferably within business, quantitative analytics or related field, or equivalent experience
- 2 years of experience in Data Analytics, Database Management, or Data Visualization
- Advanced technical experience with data visualization and advanced analytics tool
- Experience with Power Query, Microsoft Power BI, or Tableau
Paycom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Paycom makes employment decisions on the basis of business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications and merit. Paycom wants to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, Paycom does not permit its employees to harass, discriminate or retaliate against other employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, military and veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristic, reproductive health decisions, family or parental status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation benefits, and separation of employment. The Human Resources Department has overall responsibility for this policy and maintains reporting and monitoring procedures. Any questions or concerns should be referred to the Human Resources Department.
- Critical, analytical thinker with strong communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast paced environment
- Strong understanding of HR processes and procedures
- Collaborative partner, builds and maintains professional relationships