High-frequency proprietary trading firm founded in 1998, seeks experienced Software Developers for our Core Engineering team. These systems enable us to execute algorithmic trading strategies based on patterns in market behavior. By building and maintaining this high-performance infrastructure, our developers have helped to position the firm as a leader in the field of quantitative trading.
• Designing and implementing a high-frequency trading platform, which includes collecting quotes and trades from and disseminating orders to exchanges around the world
• Optimizing this platform by using network and systems programming, as well as other advanced techniques to minimize latency
• Developing systems that provide easy access to historical market data and trading simulations
• Creating tools to analyze data for pattern
• Building risk-management and performance-tracking tools
• Shaping the future of the Core Engineering team through regular interviewing and occasional campus recruiting trips Qualifications
• A degree in computer science
• A strong background in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented programming in C++
• Brilliant problem-solving abilities
• The ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Strong communication skills
• Working knowledge of Linux
• Knowledge of any other development language, including Java, Python, or Perl and Shell scripts (a plus) Financial experience is not required.