No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos is seeking a HIPAA Privacy Investigator to join our Washington, D.C. team. The ideal candidate will follow established guidelines to investigate complaints alleging violations of the Privacy and Security Rules of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). This includes performing research, gathering, preparing, and summarizing relevant materials for use by investigators, as well as maintaining case files, indexing and tracking documents, and responding to citizen correspondence and telephone calls.
Investigates complaints of advanced complexity and independently reviews alleged HIPAA compliance violations of health information privacy and security.
Analyzes information provided and allegations raised by complainants concerning U.S. HIPAA statutes
Analyzes data submitted by covered entities
Drafts administrative and corrective action closure letters, voluntary compliance agreements, violation letters of finding, settlement agreements, and monitoring plans
Provides technical assistance to covered entities to facilitate the resolution of complaints and compliance reviews
Conducts administrative work associated with the disposition of health information privacy and security complaints
Assists in the implementation of outreach efforts and initiatives to ensure that individuals' health information privacy is protected
- Bachelor's degree, paralegal certificate, or equivalent experience
- Experience reviewing and analyzing documents
- Familiarity with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Prior experience conducting investigations and resolving difficult and complex matters
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to develop partnerships with external and internal stakeholders to advance the agency's mission
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Customer service background
- Knowledge of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Act of 1996, legal decisions, and regulations as well as the ability to use this knowledge in performing tasks;
- Experience in the health sector, with medical practices, institutions, health insurance, and/or other HIPAA-covered entities
- Ability to absorb substantial subject matter, think independently, apply law to fact, and offer measured responses to the general public
- Strong interest in civil rights