HP Labs is an international research organization headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. HP Labs' purpose is to deliver breakthrough technologies and technology advances that provide a competitive advantage by investing in fundamental science and technology in areas of interest to HP.
The Artificial Intelligence and Emerging Compute Lab within HP Labs is spearheading the application of artificial intelligence to existing business units and functions as well as yet-to-be-created businesses within HP. In our lab, we conduct research to gain fundamental understanding of AI algorithms and apply these algorithms to HP data for practical business impact.
Some of our research topics include:
(1) Conversational AI
(2) Failure prediction and diagnosis
(3) Affective computing
(4) Real-time control of cyber-physical systems
(5) Visual Perception
(6) Digital Twins and modeling of complex processes
If you have deep technical skills, are intensely curious, and like to attack the hardest and the most challenging problems, want to make a difference in the lives of others, and want to work in a highly supportive environment, then we invite you to apply to join our team.
In this highly visible role, you will:
- Design, implement and evaluate models, and build software prototypes of machine learning systems with broad impact.
- Help lay the technical foundation for new businesses, products and services, and leverage artificial intelligence to increase the operational efficiency of a Fortune 100 corporation.
- Communicate your results internally and externally in leading research venues.
- Take up hands-on leadership of small teams or work as an individual contributor to lay the technical foundation of future products and businesses.
- Work in a cross-functional team environment to realize your research aspirations.
- Ph.D. degree in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotics, Computational Neuroscience, or related technical field with a strong publication or practical implementation.
- Strong deep learning experience, particularly in application of Neural Network architectures to Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Machine Intelligence and/or Reinforcement Learning.
- Strong understanding of data management along with model evaluation and training techniques for Neural Networks.
- Experience in one or more deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Pytorch, Torch, or Caffe.
- Publications in highly ranked ML and AI conferences and/or journal publications.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- One or more programming languages: C++/C, Python, Java, MATLAB
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment
- Research focus in one of the following: Deep Reinforcement Learning, Natural Language Processing, Machine Reasoning, Data Augmentation, Model Interpretability, Generative Adversarial Networks, or Audio Signal Processing.
- International reputation in Deep Learning as evidenced by publication record, invited presentations, blogs, etc.
- Strong understanding of classical ML techniques.
- Contributions to open source projects.
- Experience with OpenCV, Robot Operating System, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience or interest in controlling physical systems using Machine Learning.
- Computational Neuroscience modeling experiences.
- Interest at the intersection of computer vision and language.