Electronics Test Engineer
The Electromagnetic Fields Laboratory at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) in Greenbelt, MD is seeking an electronics test engineer to support the development, testing, and calibration of sounding rocket and satellite instrumentation.
- Electronics boards checkout and calibration.
- Populate circuit boards for satellite, sounding rocket, and balloon missions.
- Assemble and attach cables, connectors, and power supplies to circuit boards for test and flight units.
- Fabricate harnesses and attach connectors.
- Operate Lab equipment: automated electronics assembly machine; ultrasonic baths; curing ovens; microscopes, etc.
- Perform general Lab management (e.g. hardware procurement and inventory; field campaign organization and logistics support).
At least five years supporting electronics projects with experience in:
- Reading and understanding basic electrical and mechanical schematics or blueprints, Bill of Materials (BOM), and written/verbal instructions to assemble, troubleshoot, modify, and rework in-house manufactured instrument.
- Soldering and performing basic electrical testing and troubleshooting of instruments.
- Operating electrical test instrumentation (e.g. signal/function generator, oscilloscopes, multimeter, etc.)
- Building intricate transducers and electro-mechanical packages.
- Mechanical fasteners and solvents and adhesive bonding techniques.
- Lab cleanroom procedures and handling sensitive electro-mechanical components.
- Bachelors Degree, Associates Degree, or Trade School Diploma with above applicable job experience and skills.
Must be a US Citizen or have Greencard.