HP026 Web Developer
Want an exciting career at NASA and help the public to better understand our Sun and Space weather?
NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center nestled in the Maryland suburbs of Greenbelt is just 30 minutes from the heartbeat of America - Washington, D.C. Now you can have it all, the nightlife, museums, great food and theatre. Work in a place that pushes the envelope of science every day, yet spy a deer or a Canadian goose as you stroll the grounds of Goddard during lunch.
- Developing application programming interfaces and databases to support Helioviewer services
- Adapting 3rd party components, frameworks (jQuery), and modern markups (HTML5) to create useful Web applications
- Designing, prototyping, and implementing useful user interface elements
- Maintaining the replication of data and databases between multiple servers
- Ensuring minimum downtime of Helioviewer services during server upgrades
Additional tasks include:
- Maintaining software using the GIT version control system
- Troubleshooting, tracking, and resolving technical issues
- Working with users and management to improve existing features and develop new applications
- Bachelors (or equivalent degree/diploma) in Computer Science or Information Technology
- 3+ years experience in MySQL and Linux system administration
- 1+ year experience with jQuery and HTML5
- 1+ year experience in software lifecycle methodologies and configuration management is a plus
U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency is a must .