HP055 Software Engineer
Want an exciting career at NASA and help the public to better understand our Earth through science?
We are seeking a software engineer to support the Virtual Solar Observatory (VSO) at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, MD. The VSO (https://virtualsolar.org) provides the software infrastructure to enable users worldwide to find and access solar physics data from multiple heterogeneous scientific data repositories The VSO is one of the principal tools used by scientists to search for and download data about the Sun. Duties of the position include:
- Improving the VSO codebase and development environment.
- Developing unit tests for existing VSO code.
- Creating automated process monitoring tools to gain insight into VSO operations.
- Scanning log files to generate status and usage reports.
- Working remotely with a highly distributed team.
- Developing Python and Perl web-based software (2+ years).
- Writing units tests for Python- and Perl-based data processing software.
- Setting up and running middleware such as uWSGI, Gunicorn, and Graphite.
- Managing MySQL and Postgres databases.
- Using Linux operating systems.
- Configuration management systems (e.g., CVS, Git).
- Continuous integration tools (e.g., Travis, Jenkins).
- SOAP and REST API's,
- Python data plotting packages (e.g., Matplotlib).
- Working in a scientific data analysis environment.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required
NASA is the pinnacle of human achievement. We at ADNET Systems, Inc. are proud to be a member of this unique team, and now, so can you. Come join ADNET Systems.
Team ADNET brings over 30 years of experience to information systems and professional services for the federal government. With a history of expertise in software development, computer network design, IT security, mission operations support, and educational outreach, Team ADNET is deeply embedded in the Space and Earth Science at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) in Greenbelt, MD.
ADNET Systems, Inc. is working with Goddard Space Flight Center to fulfill NASA's vision for space exploration, and working with the Science and Exploration Directorate to fulfill its many missions.
ADNET Systems, Inc. is an employee-centric company, committed to providing premier benefits that support our employees and their families. With affordable medical and dental plans coupled with leading disability and life insurance options, ADNET offers our employees the benefits most sought after by today's professional candidate. Furthermore, our benefits package features the extras that distinguish us from other small businesses, ensuring our high employee retention that our customers appreciate. Some features of our compensation plans and environment perks include:
- Annual Leave/Sick Leave
- Military and Family Emergency Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Performance Bonuses
- Medical and Dental Plans
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- 401K Plan with Company Matching and Immediate Vesting
- Tuition Reimbursement
- In-house Seminars/Workshops/Classes
- Management Retreats/Seminars
- Swag bags