Direct Hire - Linux Systems Engineer
In this amazing role, you will be responsible for 100% uptime of that supercomputer that is of critical to a national service. You will be aligned to a single or small group of related solutions, aligned with our innovative corporate strategy and you will become an expert in this area. If you have a track record in a similar role, want to be part of a business that is growing-with great opportunities, and are ready for your next role, then please apply today.Work is performed onsite in Manassas, Virginia / Ability to be on call, rotation every other week
How you'll make your mark:
- Install and Maintain equipment at a customer site
- Hardware repairs, software installation and patching assistance
- Apply advanced technical knowledge to operate many technology areas (e.g. server administration, technical security management, performance management, HPC management) or customer groups that are critical or high- risk
- Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create solutions for customers
- Proactively and reactively look for solutions to prevent problems from occurring in team/technology area
- Assist in managing delivery of support solutions
- Perform hardware repairs and maintenance on all equipment. This would include DIMM, Processor, disk, and various other parts replacements. Also requires obtaining water samples.
- Mentor coworkers
- 5+ years Linux and cluster experience, required
- HPC experience, required
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance - Must be a US Citizen and will need to go through a government background check in order to get access to site
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, use of hand tools, and use of lifting devices.
- Able to employ exemplary consulting skills by becoming a trusted advisor to the customer and providing clarity to solution determination.
- Provide suggestions and assist in deploying those suggestions, for operational efficiencies.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org