Description Job Description:
Come support the development and engineering support efforts directed at enhancing the Agency's High Performance Computing (HPC) infrastructure, HPC ecosystem, and HPC Storage capabilities as a HPC Test Engineer.
The HPC Test Engineer analyzes system requirements and concept of operations documents, acquisition plans, and system descriptions to develop evaluation and test plans and procedures, prepare for and conduct the data collection and analysis, and report status and results, primarily focused on HPC performance measurement, modeling and analysis, benchmarking, and system optimization/tuning. This position sits at the intersection of several disparate disciplines, including system architecture, test engineering, software development, and data analytics.Task Activities:
- Measure and analyze the performance and scalability of key HPC benchmarks that exercise system components (processor, interconnect, memory, storage, etc.)
- Measure and analyze performance related to platform specific hardware and software, identify bottlenecks and performance tradeoffs, and help tune customer benchmarks.
- Propose remedies to identified bottlenecks via software restructuring and/or architectural improvement with comprehensive understanding of any trade-offs in design, cost, and software engineering effects.
- Investigate/identify performance related issues as they arise and as requested by team leadership
- Prepare timely reports, papers, and presentations describing significant results for dissemination within customer organization.
- Contribute performance-related expertise to cross-team activities that may involve performance tuning of applications, interconnects, and/or storage (I/O).
- Establish best practices for applying lessons learned and optimizations done for a specific system/customer to all future customer engagements.
Eight (8) years experience as a TE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required. Bachelor's degree in Math, Science, Engineering, Statistics, Engineering Management, or related discipline form an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional TE experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Security Clearance Requirement
- Experience with HPC performance engineering and testing, including running benchmarks
- Proficiency with standard Linux/Unix tools and scripting languages (Python, Bash, Perl, git, etc.)
- Experience with developing, profiling, and optimizing parallel applications
- Demonstrated ability to speed up an application or benchmark
- Experience programming in a low-level language (C/C++, assembly)
- Strong understanding of HPC architectures:
- CPU architecture
- Memory, Data Caches, TLB, Large Pages, etc.
- Interconnect/High Speed Network
- Storage (e.g., nVME), shared HPC parallel file systems, etc.
- Experience with tuning the Linux Operating System
- Experience with GPU-related software/libraries (CUDA, OpenCL, etc.)
Must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph in order to be considered for this position. Preferred Qualifications
External Referral Bonus:
- Experience with multi-threading and parallel programming techniques (MPI, pthreads, OpenMP, etc.)
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.