The HQ Support Technician will serve as part of a large distributed team providing IT support for USCG headquarters and serving as an extension of a large centralized service desk supporting a wide range of technical issues to include computer, network, server, VTC and security support. Candidate will serve as the face of our company to our customer and will monitor Remedy queues insuring that all incidents, problems and requests are promptly resolved and/or escalated and meet all SLAs defined as part of this effort.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Utilize Remedy to properly document and respond to incidents, service requests, updates, patches, configuration changes and maintenance for a wide variety of equipment to include printers, workstations, laptops, servers and network equipment.
• Identify and/or troubleshoot problems and interface with external service providers on a wide range of issues to include networks, Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, DNS and DHCP.
• Troubleshoot laptop, desktop, peripheral and server hardware problems and coordinate maintenance with vendors as required.
• Create and manage Microsoft Active Directory objects to include computers, security groups, distribution groups, and users.
• Configure and troubleshoot iOS and Android mobile devices.
• Monitor, troubleshoot and repair basic network problems to include the management of internal office cabling.
• Test locally approved hardware for compatibility and usability with customer gold images and other baselines.
• Support information assurance (IA) staff in creating and maintaining certification and accreditation (C&A) packages.
• Install, repair and configure computer equipment and peripherals.
• Maintain and update disaster recovery procedures.
• Assist in performing configuration and security compliance scans to include remediation of findings.
• Provide conference room support to include remote access, desktop and application support.
• Receive, unpack and barcode IT equipment.
• Conduct physical inventories of all equipment within HQ support staff's area of responsibility (AOR).
• Maintain and inventory sufficient spare equipment to be able to respond quickly to outages or surges.
• Securely process and prepare excess equipment for disposal.
Education & Experience
• High School Diploma and 1 to 4 years of relevant experience - Required
• Excellent oral and written communication skills - Required
• Experience with WASP Inventory Management - Desired
• Security + or Network + - Desired
• Active Secret clearance - REQUIRED - Must have the ability to obtain an Interim Secret clearance to start.
Other (Travel, Work Environment, DoD 8570 Requirements, Administrative Notes, etc.)
• Travel to sites in close proximity to assigned location may be required.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
EEO is the Law: [ Link Removed ]