Please note that this is a 1 year contract position.
Plays a key role coordinating all employee communications, the business unit’s intranet and internet portals and the administration of our charitable contributions. There is a large project management aspect to the role and a communications counselor aspect, as the Specialist guides functions and employee resource groups on communications plans and the appropriate use of communications channels across the business.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Management of the Employee Intranet, including article development and postings (25% time)
2. Manage intranet editorial calendar by working with business contacts and Comms team to ensure stories are compelling, accurate and approved (15% time)
3. Develop digital signage for campus tv monitors (15% time)
4. Assist with PO support, budget tracking against POs as needed, weekly meetings with certain vendors (as needed)
5. Charitable Contributions Processing (25% time)
6. Meeting logistics support (as needed)
7. Internal communications campaigns support (as needed)
8. Support distribution of communication messages, including emails and leadership alerts (5% time)
9. Community Event Kit request management and campus displays (5% time)
10. Support for team as needed on upcoming projects and ‘one-off’ requests (time varies)
4-year degree or equivalent experience in a dynamic, fast paced business setting
Minimum experience (number of month/years and type of work experience beyond formal education) required for competent performance:
High communications and business acumen with previous work experience in corporate, team setting utilizing office tools such as Microsoft and Adobe applications. Sharepoint usage a plus.
Savvy computer usage to include experience in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint. Writing and editing capabilities; ability to design PPT slides a plus.
Applicants must provide their phone numbers. Please reference job number 2941.
San Francisco, CAContact