Location: Houston, TX
The HRIS Analyst is responsible for: planning, coordinating, and maintenance of all human resources system projects while partnering with appropriate information technology staff and other expert resources; ensuring the accuracy of the data and reports generated from the HR system; coordinating ongoing activities for the HR system including interacting with vendors; leading HR system projects that require cross-office coordination and support such as benefits open enrollment; recommending system solutions to improve HR processes.
- 6 years' progressive HR/PR experience inclusive of project management experience, advanced proficiency in MS Office, basic knowledge of web design and advanced experience with HRIS, preferably Workday. Payroll experience preferred. Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills. The ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred from an accredited four-year university or college with a degree in human resources, business administration, information technology, industrial psychology, or a closely related field.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Create, maintain and monitor system security roles and functionality.
- Partner with all areas of HR (Recruiting, Performance, Payroll, Compensation, Benefits, Training, etc) regarding the setup and configuration of HR modules and business process (BP) configuration.
- Create, review and participate in functional testing for all HR system fixes, upgrades, patches, and other maintenance; two major upgrades per year as well as weekly enhancements.
- Work with HR users to assess needs, define requirements, evaluate, design, configure and test proactive functional modifications and enhancements to HRIS System.
- Discover inefficiencies in business processes impacting HR data management; analyze processes, propose recommendations, document changes for change control purposes, and implement required process improvements.
- Design and facilitate HR system and business process training and documentation for super users and other HR system users
- Partner with all areas of HR to create, edit and prepare reports and user-friendly dashboards.
- Troubleshoots system problems.
- Provides support to HR staff to include analyzing system functionality, identify system needs, validating system changes, data conversion testing, delivering report design requests and verification of the data extracted, managing security assignments and validation, and conducting system and process research.
- Develop and provide training, support, and technical assistance to system users.
- Develops and documents system procedures and ensures they adhere to company policies and governmental regulations.
- Assists in the communication of design needs, development, testing and delivery of systems for HRIS users.
- Provide day-to-day system monitoring and user support.
- Ensures integrity and security of critical employee data.
- Essential Job Responsibilities Continued:
- Supports the Human Resources department by performing other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to the company’s values – integrity, ownership, urgency, alignment and innovation.
- Supports company vision and mission.
- Adheres to established work schedule, attendance standards and is punctual to work and meetings.