Role: Hadoop Admin (SRE Engineer / Lead)
Location: Westlake, Texas, US
Position Type: Full Time
Who are we looking for?
Mid-senior SRE OR Hadoop Admin lead to manage a critical project for one of our biggest clients in the banking and capital markets domain. The Individual should be passionate about technology, experienced in developing and managing cutting edge technology applications. The individual should have a Production Support experience and should be willing to work in rotating shifts.
- Knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem and different frameworks inside it HDFS, YARN, MapReduce, Apache Pig, Hive, Flume, Sqoop, ZooKeeper, Oozie, Impala and Kafka
- SQL-based technologies (e.g. MySQL/ Oracle DB)
- NoSQL technologies (e.g. MongoDB)
- Programming Languages: Java, Scala, Spark
- Scripting Shell, Python
- ETL - Talend
- Operating System UNIX, Linux, Solaris or MS-Windows
- Knowledge of Cloud-based Platforms PCF, GCP
- Knowledge of CI/CD Pipeline
- Implement SRE activities, provide direction in terms of business priorities.
- Enable SRE team interaction/integration with other stakeholders (Development, Infrastructure, Info Sec )
- Analyze reliability challenges and develop automated solutions for incident resolution
- Work with development teams to improve applications' operational features for faster MTTD and MTTR and auto-recovery
- Lead discussion and negotiate on Error Budgets with appropriate stakeholders
- Primarily responsible for delivering quality product/services to the customer as per the agreed timelines
- Ensures all plan components are reviewed and approved.
- Escalates project delivery issues, as necessary to the relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare corrective action, if the metrics go beyond the threshold
- Ensuring Project Objectives and goals are met.
- Ensures all resources are fully utilized
- Setting Individual goals and conducting appraisals
- Develop a service improvement plan, GTG where required
- Resolve technical issues of projects and Explore alternate designs
- Participates as a team member and fosters teamwork by inter-group coordination within the modules of the project.
- Effectively collaborates and communicates with the stakeholders and ensure client satisfaction
- Train and coach/mentor members of project groups to ensure effective knowledge management activity.
- Somebody who has at least 6+ years of work experience in software development.
- Education Qualification: BCA, B. Tech, B.E. or equivalent technical degree from a reputed college
About the practice/ Project:
Leading North American Investment & Brokerage Firm dealing with technology projects in the area of GRC and Digital Client. The project deals with cutting edge technology in banking space and the customer is a leader in technology adoption.