Verisign operates the infrastructure for a portfolio of top-level domains that today include .com, .net, .tv, .edu, .gov, .jobs, .name and .cc, as well as two of the world's 13 Internet root servers. Verisign's product suite also includes Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Protection Services, and Managed DNS.
Accelerate your career! At Verisign, we provide unique, sought after environments where you can develop your technology career. We are seeking a visionary, skilled, enthusiastic professional to join our team at our Reston, VA office. This position is within the Compute Cluster Team, responsible for building, managing, maintaining and scaling the company-wide Big Data Infrastructure.
- Maintaining, monitoring, operating and developing distributed computing infrastructures targeted at Big Data processing and based on open source distributions
- Maintaining, monitoring, operating and enhancing software components and workflows targeted at data ingestion and processing
- Designing, prototyping, and delivering Big Data platform solutions to support product teams
- Ensuring the platform is running as effective as it can through performance monitoring and tuning
- Creating processes and tools to enhance scalability, availability, management and maintainability of our systems
- Available for on-call (team rotation) to support the platform and its users.
- Participate in the decision-making process to improve the current and next generation hardware and software systems
- Collaborating with stakeholders through on-going product and platform releases, to solve existing needs, identify exciting opportunities and predict future challenges
: United States-Washington D.C. Metro-Virginia-Reston