CGI seeks a Hadoop Administrator.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 7 + years of experience as Hadoop Administrator
• Good exposure and architectural knowledge of Hadoop eco system services like Hbase, Hive, Spark, Zookepeer, impala, YARN
• Expertise in setting up HA for HDFS, YARN, Zookeeper
• Experience in Cluster performance tuning
• Experience in Hive and spark query tuning
• Experience with database replication and scaling
• Experience application troubleshooting and root cause analysis. Initiates corrective actions to stay on schedule
• Automation experience using scripting languages (Shell, Ansible, Python etc.)
• Extremely strong Unix/Linux skills
• Very good communication and work management
• Must possess good analytics and problem solving skills
• Must be willing to work flexible hours Excellent communication skills
• Solid Technical and problem solving skills Desired Qualifications: • Education Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, at least seven, typically ten or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
• Associate's Degree (Community College, MBO)
• Demonstrated history of strong communication and collaboration abilities in a highly matrixed environment.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work as part of a high performance team in a fast paced environment.
• Demonstrated solid knowledge of systems development life cycle; particularly in contemporary requirements elicitation, analysis, traceability & verification.
CGI is looking for a expertise Hadoop Admin Professional to understand the Big data infrastructure requirements of the customer, offer best and cost effective solutions and implement the solution delivering quick, effective, un-monitored and automated.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• This position is a highly skilled role. The individual will be responsible for administration and maintenance of Hadoop production and non-production databases.
• System Administration Skills
• Analyzes, designs, creates and implements Big Data infrastructures, including access methods, device allocations, validation checks, organization and security.
• Installs, upgrades, and tests complex big data deployments. Assists in system planning, scheduling, and implementation
• Develops and implements recovery plans and procedures.
• Design, install, and maintain highly available systems (including monitoring, security, backup, and performance tuning)
We understand that success in the IT services business is contingent on retaining and attracting the best talent - talent like you. At CGI, our team of professionals is dedicated and driven to help our clients succeed.
At our Lafayette Center, we are looking for experienced professionals and graduating students interested in IT careers, focusing on those with demonstrated experience in IT and business, strong problem-solving abilities, and excellent interpersonal skills.
While most companies have a vision and mission, CGI goes a step beyond. We have a company dream: "To create an environment in which we enjoy working together and, as owners, contribute to building a company we can be proud of." This dream emphasizes the enjoyment and ownership principles that are essential to CGI's success.
In fact, we strive to create an environment where our professionals enjoy working together and feel empowered and engaged as owners to build their company and grow their careers. This dream as well as our values are what set us apart -