As a leading provider of Information Technology, Training and Engineering services worldwide, our people play a critical role in helping our customers make better decisions while protecting our nation. We bring forward-looking business insights to strengthen communities and change lives. At Salient CRGT you will join talented people who are as passionate about their work as you area - analysts, programmers, systems/network administrators, engineers, trainers, communications specialists, project managers, and more. For the experienced professionals and veterans, we value your expertise and offer opportunities to share the most compelling projects. For students transitioning from college to work, explore the opportunities for college students and
Primary tasks and responsibilities center around O&M support of a Secure (Keberized) Cloudera distribution of Hadoop systems.
- Providing expertise in provisioning physical systems for use in Hadoop
- Installing and Configuring Systems for use with Cloudera distribution of Hadoop (consideration given to other variants of Hadoop such as Apache, MapR, Hortonworks, Pivotal, etc.)
- Administering and Maintaining Cloudera Hadoop Clusters
- Provision physical Linux systems, patch, and maintain them.
- Management and support of Hadoop Services including HDFS, Hive, Impala, and SPARK. Primarily using Cloudera Manager but some command-line.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Operating System support including administration and provisioning of Dell Server hardware (Dell R620, R720xd, & R730xd)
- Answering trouble tickets around the Hadoop ecosystem
- Integration support of tools that need to connect to the OFR Hadoop ecosystem. This may include tools like Tableau, Talend, generic ODBC/JDBC, etc.
- Provisioning of new Hive/Impala databases.
- Provisioning of new folders within HDFS
- Setting up and validating Disaster Recovery replication of data from Production cluster
- 8 or more years of experience
- Bachelor's in related field (or commensurate experience)
- Demonstrated experience in all of the areas of responsibility provided above.
- 2+ Years of administering a physical, on premise Hadoop cluster in a production environment required
- 2+ years' experience of Red Hat Enterprise Linux Systems Administration required
- Must have experience with Secure Hadoop – sometimes called Kerberized Hadoop – using Kerberos.
- Experience writing puppet configuration modules strongly preferred
- Exposure to Puppet-based configuration management is strongly preferred (but alternative configuration management system – e.g., ansible, chef – would be acceptable)
- Must have fundamentals of central, automated configuration management (sometimes called "DevOps.")
If you feel you are qualified for this position, express interest by clicking the Apply button below (if you are viewing this position on the Salient CRGT website). If you are viewing this job posting outside of the Salient CRGT website, please visit: www.salientcrgt.com/careers to express interest in this position through the Salient CRGT Careers page.
Salient CRGT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other factor prohibited by applicable anti-discrimination laws.