Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past eight consecutive years, 2010 - 2017. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for four consecutive years, 2014 through 2017, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of "Best Places to Work for African Americans" in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years and we were ranked #10 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
What You'll Do/Need
The Hadoop Administrator is responsible for the overall Hadoop clusters security, availability, capacity and performance. This team member monitors resources and ensures proper utilization of them while overseeing the future vision for the health and stability of the platform.
* Install and configure Hortonworks clusters
* Apply proper architecture guidelines to ensure highly available services
* Plan and execute major platform software and operating system upgrades and maintenance across physical environments
* Develop and automate processes for maintenance of the environment
* Implement security measures for all aspects of the cluster (SSL, disk encryption, role-based access via Apache Ranger policies)
* Ensure proper resource utilization between the different development teams and processes
* Design and implement a toolset that simplifies provisioning and support of a large cluster environment
* Review performance stats and query execution/explain plans; recommend changes for tuning Apache Hive queries
* Create and maintain detailed, up-to-date technical documentation
* Master's degree in computer science or computer information systems
* Two years of experience working with Apache Hadoop
* In-depth knowledge of Apache Hadoop and MapReduce
* Experience with Apache HBase and Hive
* Experience with Linux
* Ability to shell script with Linux
* Ability to troubleshoot problems and quickly resolve issues
* Strong communication, analytical and research skills
* Knowledge of cloud infrastructure
What You'll Get
* Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision insurance and much more
* Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
* Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we're in the business of putting roofs over our clients' heads, but we certainly aren't putting ceilings on our team members' careers. If you're interested in working in a place with a philosophy that's truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010 - 2016 Primary Mortgage Origination studies and the 2014 - 2017 Primary Mortgage Servicer studies. 2016 Origination (or Sales) based on 5,182 total responses and measures the opinions of customers who originated a new mortgage or refinanced within the past 12 months, surveyed in July - August 2016. 2017 Servicing based on 7,374 total responses and measures the opinions of homeowners on their mortgage servicing company, surveyed in March - April 2017. Your experiences may vary. Visit JDPower.com.
Quicken Loans is the #1 online lender based on the ranking of Quicken Loans in comparison to online residential mortgage lenders included in the Inside Mortgage Finance "Top 50 Mortgage Lenders" report from Q2 2017.