We are looking for a Hadoop Developer to join an ongoing project. As a contractor, you would be working side-by-side with a consulting team and the client's development team to implement a Data Lake environment on top of Hadoop. The project’s goal is to ingest all policy data from various source systems, run quality checks, transform, conform, and produce data marts that will be used for both operational and analytical reporting/analysis. This contract is for a minimum of 1 year with a potential opportunity to extend.
- Troubleshoot and debug Hadoop ecosystem run time issues.
- Collaborate in developing best practices/templates/patterns.
- Mentor other team members.
- Build reliable, scalable, and maintainable data pipelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or equivalent experience is preferred.
- 4+ years of IT experience.
- 1+ years hands-on development in big data technologies.
- Open to a minimum of 75% travel as required.
- Experience with Hortonworks Data Platform.
- Solid understanding of Hadoop architecture.
- Solid understanding of ETL, its variations and data warehousing techniques.
- Experience in Data Warehouse and BI Analytics.
- Hands on experience with HiveQL and Hive optimization techniques.
- Hands on experience with Spark libraries.
- Knowledge of ingestion from Kafka topics.
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as HBase.
- Experience working in Agile Environment.
- Experience working with REST API.
- Hands-on experience with Java and Python.
Keywords: Farmington Hills MI Jobs, Hadoop Developer, Hadoop, Big Data, Hortonworks Data Platform, ETL, Data Warehouse, HiveQL, Hive Optimization, Spark, NoSQL, Agile, Rest API, Michigan Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Michigan Recruiting