CGI Federal is seeking Hadoop developers to join our project team. We are actively pursuing development of new BI and analytic solutions to market in an aggressive campaign and require experienced Hadoop developers to take ownership of design and implementation of next generation BI platform for reporting and analytics. Candidates should be knowledgeable of the Federal market, Agile methodologies, custom software development, and integrated enterprise systems. Your future duties and responsibilities
* Participate in an Agile Scrum team process, collaborating closely with UX experts, subject matter experts, architects, fellow developers and test engineers.
* Analyze epics and stories to design and implement ELT processes for data lakes and develop analytic models, views and associated processes for BI functionality.
* Create and execute unit tests and perform basic application testing
* Mentor junior developers in code practices and enterprise software development processes, participate in peer reviews and technical design meetings
* Troubleshoot and support application problems. Required qualifications to be successful in this role
* BS in Computer Science (or related field) and 5 years of experience in software development utilizing JEE technologies
* Experience in developing Hadoop based data architectures with structured relational data from complex RDBMS and semi structured and unstructured data from internal and public sources
* Hands on experience working with HDFS, Oozie, Sqoop, Hive and Spark
* Excellent knowledge in trouble shooting Hadoop cluster issues
* Excellent knowledge in data modeling best practices in Hadoop ecosystem to support large BI user community to enable self-service data discovery and analysis
* Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to stakeholders and work in a team environment across multiple geographies.
* Experience building complex data warehouse preferably using Hadoop and complementary technologies
* Experience with RDBMS platforms such as Oracle, MySQL, and PostgreSQL. Working knowledge of NoSQL platforms such as Cassandra/MongoDB or In memory data platforms such as HANA
* Experience with enterprise security standards and technologies to implement them in Hadoop based data architectures
* Experience with BI tools like Tableau, Qlik
* Experience with single page application frameworks such as Angular, React and data visualization libraries such as Highcharts and D3
* Experience with distributed source control systems, preferably Git or Stash.
* Experience in developing integrations between enterprise systems including ERP is a plus
* The ability obtain a SECRET level clearance is a plus. Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change--supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.