Title: Big Data (Hadoop) Developer (w JAVA)
Description: STG is a SEI CMMi Level 5 company with several Fortune 500 and State Government clients. STG has openings for Big Data (Hadoop) Developer (w JAVA). This position is based in Dearborn, MI for a Fortune 500 Automotive Manufacturer. This position is expected to be long term. STG will provide immigration and permanent residency sponsorship assistance, if needed.
**No 3rd Party vendors – this client does not allow sub-contracting.
- Understand the strategic direction as it relates to project goals and design global solution that aligns with project goals.
- Understand and participate in designing information workflows.
- Design and Develop Hadoop/Java code/workflows to satisfy the requirements and designed solution.
- Perform unit, functional and integration testing of developed solution.
- Provide support to other team members.
- Support integration efforts of systems and data through application consolidation / migration / conversion, application integration, and data integration.
- Skills Required:
- 5+ years of experience in professional programming experience.
- Strong foundation in Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with Java.
- Passionate about Big Data technologies.
- Working knowledge of the full SW development lifecycle.
- Proven ability to develop and ship high quality software products.
- Experience with the Hortonworks hadoop environment.
- Knowledge of Big Data security and management operations.
- Knowledge of visualization tools such as Tableau or Qlik.
- Hortonworks Hadoop, HDFS, HIVE, HBase, Spark, Kafka, Sqoop services Ambari, Knox, Ranger, Oozie, Kerberos, Yarn, Job monitoring
- Resume Submittal: please email a word formatted resume to Shweta Huria at email@example.com or contact at: 248.918.4720. In the subject line of the email please include: First and Last Name – Big Data (Hadoop) Developer (w JAVA) (Dearborn, MI).
- Corporate Information: Established in 1985, Systems Technology Group (STG) is a fast growing IT consulting and systems integration services firm. STG is a SEI CMMi Level 5 company with expertise in Application Development, Application Management, Web Services (SOA), Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence / Analytics, Wireless Solutions, Legacy migrations and Project Management. STG is proud that clients like Ford Motor Company, Sears Corporation, Chrysler, LLC, Mercedes Benz, United Health, General Motors, State of Texas, State of Michigan, State of Minnesota, State of Georgia, and others trust their IT services needs to STG. STG has offices in North America, Europe and India to service our clients global IT needs. STG offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, vision, dental, life insurance, disability insurance, 401K, paid vacations and paid holidays. For more information about STG, please visit us at www.stgit.com.