Inovalon develops cutting edge software solutions that help revolutionize the Healthcare Informatics industry. Our sophisticated tools are used to enhance the clinical quality outcome, care management and financial efficiency of our clients. We are seeking highly qualified professionals that will contribute to our ongoing growth and success. The System Engineer is a fast paced position in a rapid growth enterprise environment. The ideal candidate is a person that strives to achieve excellence backed by strong architectural, system design, and automation experience.
The Big Data Engineering team designs, builds, and maintains the software, hardware, network, and computing technologies that power all of Inovalon's Big Data services. We are the foundation upon which Inovalon's innovations are built, from high octane data analytics horsepower to insightful healthcare data solutions that will change the future. You seek a challenge, demand excellence of yourself, and harbor a fierce desire to produce infallible solutions.
- Contribute to evolving design, architecture, and standards for building and delivering unique services and solutions;
- Implement best-in-industry, innovative technologies that will expand Inovalon's infrastructure through robust, scalable, adrenaline-fueled solutions;
- Participate in the enterprise infrastructure vision and strategy;
- Focused on service reliability and sustainability;
- Develop and execute plans for complex systems backed by excellence, confidence, and thorough engineering analysis;
- Leverage metrics to manage the server fleet and complex computing systems to drive automation, improvement, and performance;
- Serves as an escalation point for Operational teams;
- Support and implement DevOps methodology; and
- Develop and automate robust unit and functional test cases.
- Experience engineering Hadoop solutions;
- Technology experience required; Kafka, RabbitMQ or other Enterprise messaging solution
- Other technologies good to have; Storm, Spark, Flink, Flume, Sqoop, NIFI or Horton DataFlow
- In depth experience with HortonWorks or one of the major Hadoop distributions
- Java scripting and application support experience strongly desired;
- Working experience in at least one automation scripting language such as Ansible, Puppet/Chef, etc.;
- Working experience in test case automation tool;
- Experience with virtualization technologies required;
- 5-10 years' experience with Unix management, complex computing platforms, and/or cutting-edge technologies involving virtualization, distribution, and high performance computing;
- You are driven to solve difficult problems with scalable, elegant, and maintainable solutions;
- Expert troubleshooter – unwilling to let a problem defeat you; unrelenting, persistent, confident;
- A penchant for thinking outside the box to solve complex and interesting problems;
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, technical field, or equivalent experience;
- Extensive knowledge of existing industry standards, technologies, and infrastructure operations; and
- Manage stressful situations with calm, courtesy, and confidence
Inovalon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.