Hadoop Infrastructure Engineer - Chicago, IL - Full Time Perm $125-130K plus 20% bonus
This position is responsible for collaborating with Solutions Engineering, Infrastructure Operations, and Infrastructure Service Management teams in the design and build of infrastructure solutions/blueprints for the area of responsibility; participating in the design and build of repeatable patterns (build-kits) to improve deployment times for non-prod and prod environments; transitioning knowledge to Infrastructure Operations.
Required Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree and 5 years in Information Technology or relevant experience OR Technical Certification and/or College Courses and 7-year Information Technology experience OR 9 years Information Technology experience.
• Expert in implementing and troubleshooting hive, spark, pig, storm, Kafka, Nifi, Atlas, Elastic Search, Solr, Splunk, HBase applications.
• Candidate should be ready for Hadoop on-call support if and when needed.
• Working knowledge of Ruby or Python and known DevOps tools like Git and GitHub.
• Experience in a scripting language to automate Infrastructure deployments tasks
• Knowledge/intermediate level experience in Cloud technology(Azure/Aws)
• Ability to simplify & standardize complex concepts / processes
• Understanding of business priorities (e.g., vision), trends (e.g., industry knowledge) and markets (e.g., existing/ planned)
• Oral & written communications.
• Ability to prioritize and make trade-off decisions.
• Drive cross-functional execution.
• Adaptability and ability to introduce/manage change.
• Teamwork and collaboration.
• Organized and detail-oriented.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Exp in Hadoop application infrastructure engineering and development methodology background.
• Experience with Ambari, Hortonworks, HDInsight, Cloudera distribution (CDH)
• Experience with Kerberos, TLS encryption, SAML, LDAP.
• Knowledge of the cloud (Azure/AWS) big data solutions using EMR, HDInsight, Kinesis, Azure Event Hubs, etc.