Kforce has a client that is seeking a Hadoop Systems Administrator in Austin, Texas (TX).
The System Administrator is responsible for administering the enterprise Big Data clusters for our data platform product line. You will document, deploy, tune, and manage our big-data environments. This work includes bare-metal and cloud (Azure) hosting.
* Support cost-management and monitoring of hosted (Azure) platforms
* You will be responsible for the care and feeding of our big data installation as well as the short and long term capacity planning based on our future growth plans
* Collaborate with all other team members to ensure our big data platform is prepared to host new services and workloads as they are developed
* Work with the development team to understand architectural work to assist with evaluation, decision-making and sequencing of the key technological infrastructures to support your product.
* Provide consistent performance evaluation and monitoring for the production Hadoop instance
* Participate in continuous integration, production release management, solution validation
* PowerScript and Linux shell scripting
* Scripted configuration (supporting DevOps)
* Data management and general administration: capacity, performance, reliability, recovery (HA/DR)
* On-call services
* Experience with installation and support of Enterprise big-data clusters (cloud and local datacenter)
* Experience with designing, capacity arrangement, cluster set up, security, performance fine-tuning, resource management, monitoring, trouble-shooting, structure planning, scaling and administration of clusters
* Experience with deploying and administering various cluster services like Zookeeper, YARN, HDFS, HBase, Hive, Oozie, Map Reduce, Kafka, Spark, Storm etc.
* Good networking knowledge (will be dealing with a lot of applications/services on top of Linux and networking)
* Solid Linux Administration experience
* Solid working experience of Linux security concerns in both cloud and bare metal hosting environments
* Familiarity with Cloudera and Hortonworks distros
* Experience with major cloud vendors like AWS and Azure and administering clusters in the cloud.
* Physical and virtual networking experience
Nice to have:
* Hadoop Administration certification
* Experience with administering physical clusters
* Knowledge of server hardware - storage, compute and networking components
* Knowledge of administering in-memory SQL-on-Hadoop engines like Impala, Hive-on-Spark etc.
* Experience with administering Spark clusters and troubleshooting resource management issues
* Familiarity with deploying Notebook environments like Zeppelin, Jupyter etc.
* Familiarity with deploying and administering BI platforms like Tableau Server
* Familiarity with NoSQL databases
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.