Verisign operates the infrastructure for a portfolio of top-level domains that today include .com, .net, .tv, .edu, .gov, .jobs, .name and .cc, as well as two of the world's 13 Internet root servers. Verisign's product suite also includes Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Protection Services, and Managed DNS.
At Verisign, we provide unique, sought after environments where you can develop your technology career. We are seeking a visionary, skilled, enthusiastic professional to join our team at our Reston, VA office. This position is within the Compute Cluster Team, responsible for building, managing, maintaining and scaling the company-wide Big Data Infrastructure.
Our engineers are responsible for the operation of Verisign's Big Data Infrastructure.
- Responsible for installing, maintaining and configuring Production and Non-Production tools and services to support Verisign's Big Data environment in multiple data centers.
- Responsible areas include network, storage, servers, and automation tools.
- Help leverage open source tools to maximize productivity and develop when necessary software/tools to enhance functionality of the cloud environment.
- Responsible for daily operations support including problem isolation and resolution.
- Responsible in supporting the platform in a 24x7 environment as a member of an on-call rotation.
Our ideal candidate will have a unique blend of impeccable technical skills and the desire to grow both technically and professionally. This is not a simple DevOps Role. The team does not deploy customer applications, but instead manages, engineers, and operates a Big Data platform.
- Hands-on experience with Systems in an SRE role, preferably with experience in operating platforms such as Kafka, Hadoop, Cassandra, Storm, Docker at scale.
- Solid Unix system administration experience.
- Understanding of infrastructure-as-code.
- Understanding of DevOps concepts.
- Understanding of large-scale distributed systems.
- Strong Automation experience. Not just doing automation, they know why automation required.
- Candidate should have previous SDLC and software development experience.
Education and experience requirements:
- Bachelor's degree + five or more years' relevant experience or equivalent work experience.
: United States-Washington D.C. Metro-Virginia-Reston