A Top Leading Investment Bank in Jersey City, NJ is seeking a Long-Term Consultant for a Hands-On Tableau Architect for their FICC Sales & Trading Desks:
THIS POSITION INVOLVES HANDS-ON DEVELOPMENT WITH TABLEAU DASHBOARDS AS WELL AS PERFORMANCE TUNING ON THE SERVER-SIDE.
The job of the Hands-On Tableau Architect will be responsible to design and code the set-up and security of applications, dashboards, and other tools made using Tableau software. As a Tableau architect, your duties include consulting with other designers, end-users, and managers to determine the scope and need for different data visualization tools and then develop these tools and ensure their proper configuration. As the hands-on architect, your responsibilities are to create the technical architecture for the tools and define different features to execute.
- Lead the development and maintenance of Tableau reporting solutions.
- 5+ years of enterprise experience in Design and Development of reporting and data visualization using Tableau
- Establish standards and best practices for dashboards and related technologies for the project
- Design and Construct Tableau foundation and implement a long-term strategy for Tableau platform
- Administer Tableau servers in multiple environments for maximum efficiency and performance
- Design and deployment of high availability, failover, and distributed Tableau configurations across multiple domains
- Monitor host operation systems on which Tableau Servers reside for performance and scalability.
- Improve the performance of the Tableau Server by performance tuning the Server.
- Experience in publishing reports, dashboards and data sources to Tableau Server and maintain them.
- Create/Manage Workbooks and Projects, Database Views, Data Sources and Data Connections
- Support the team with an understanding of business and data requirements, and iteratively design visualizations for customer presentation
- Perform detailed data analysis (i.e. determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples)
- Design and create data visualizations (reports and dashboards) as required to support user stories, including UI/visualization aspects
- Experience in setting up and configuring Tableau Server from scratch
- Experience in implementing row-level security in Enterprise level projects
- Tableau Desktop and Server Professional certified preferred
- Knowledge of Tableau data extracts and ability to work with multiple data sources and experience in creating interactive Dashboards with Actions, Parameter controls and Filters.
- Know-how of creating complex calculations, table calculations, hierarchies and drill down visualizations using Tableau.
- Create Tableau Calculations (Table Calculations, Hide Columns, Creating/Using Parameter, Totals) and Formatting (Annotations, Layout Containers, Mark Labels, Rich Text Formatting, Shared Encoding) using Tableau Desktop.
- Strong RDBMS skills which includes writing complex SQL queries using MS SQL Server and Oracle
- Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment.
- Act in a technical pre-sales capacity to deliver working pilots, informational dashboards, that demonstrate the art of the possibilities with interactive analytics. This individual will be expected to adapt quickly in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Ability to use strong industry knowledge to relate to customer needs and dissolve customer concerns and high level of focus and attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic with good time management with ability to work with diverse teams and lead meetings.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent relevant academic qualifications.
- Tableau Architecture, development, and Server-side Performance- 5-7 years
- Expert in designing and building interactive Tableau dashboards
- Proficient in optimizing live dashboards querying Impala and relational data sources
- Experienced with using Tableau extensions API and SDK
- Experienced in building operational Tableau dashboards monitoring usage stats, subscriptions, refresh and query times, and server-side performance
- Advanced SQL coding skills