- Develop Board definition, design and verification strategy from high level requirements
- Board design for high pin count FPGA, DDR, Flash, High Speed Serial ( SERDES/PCI Express) and parallel busses
- Signal Integrity analysis and simulations ( using tools such as hyperlynx etc)
- Manage Signal integrity and Power supply issues for high speed digital design
- Supervise PC Board Layout and Artwork
- Bring up the first article design and perform detailed verification for releae to manufacturing. Work with ASIC and SW design engineers to debug and bring up the system
- Work with Mechanical Design Team to ensure card cage compatibility and thermal management
Skills and Experience Required:
- Detailed Knowledge of Electrical Engineering fundamentals and theory, circuit design, timing analysis and signal integrity.
- Hands-on experience with high complexity and high speed digital PCB design, ability to debug, and integrate hardware with ASIC, software and mechanical interfaces.
- Signal Integrity Simulation ( Hyperlynx or other comparable CAD tools)
- Excellent team work and interpersonal skills; ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team (ASIC, SW an Mechanical design Engineers)
Additional Skills Preferred (but not required):
- FPGA Design, Verilog/ VHDL
- Bachelor s or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering
- 7+ years of hands on Digital Board Design Experience.