Hardware Design Engineer - Mixed Signal
Bay City, MI Summary of the Hardware Engineer - Mixed Signal:
Our client, a developer of advanced vehicle technologies, is looking for a Hardware Engineer with Electrical Schematic Design and Development experience to play a vital role in the designing, development and testing of the Electrical Hardware Design and Processor Interfaces. This is a growing, innovative company working on emerging high-technology products for the by-wire driving market. If you have strong experience with Circuit-Level Schematic Design and Development, along with the knowledge of Microprocessor Architecture, then this position is well suited to you.
This a growing electronics R&D group working on BLEEDING EDGE technology. You will work on the latest technologies as part of a team developing electronic-controlled automobile chassis systems. The company has a start-up type environment without the risk as it has solid funding from a major parent organization. Everything from concept through production will be in your domain. Your contribution is only limited by your skill sets and passion.
They're looking for candidates both at entry-level and experienced. The positions are a mix of direct-hire, contract, and contract-to-hire.Responsibilities of the Hardware Design Engineer - Mixed Signal:
Qualifications of the Hardware Design Engineer - Mixed Signal:
- Design and Development of Electronic Schematic and Mixed Signal Circuit Boards
- Power Electronics Design and Analysis of 3 Phase machines
- Design, Build, and Test of Electrical Hardware Design and Processor Interfaces
- Bench, Test Stand, and Vehicle debug and analysis
Compensations of the Hardware Design Engineer - Mixed Signal:
- BS in EE/CE. Master Preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in circuit-level hardware Design and Development OR solid intern/co-op experience in the field.
- Ability to perform analysis (WCA) of circuit design and verification of performance to requirements.
- Background in Power Electronics and/or Motor Controls is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of Orcad Schematic Capture and Pspice Circuit Analysis Tools
- Knowledge of / experience with following tools -
- Circuit Board Layout Tools such as Pads, Mentor, Cadence
- Thermal Analysis Tools such as Ansys, Flowtherm
- IPC 610 Standards Class II and III, and other applicable IPC Stds
- Canalyzer, Canope, CAN Communications
- Visio, Oscilloscopes, Logic analyzers, Multimeters
- Knowledge of ISO 26262 Safety Standards and Requirements is a plus
- Knowledge of Freescale, Infineon, TI processors is will be preferred
- Familiarity with ARM Core Safety (TI, Infineon, Renesas, Freescale) processers would be good.
Understanding of how GPIO, ADC, Timers, PWM, Interrupts, SENT, SPI, I2C, CAN, Ethernet, etc. highly desirable
Salary Range: $80 to $110K /year, depending on experience
Type: Contract to Direct
Travel: As and when required
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: Subject to reviewKnowledge of the following areas will be helpful -
Electrical, Hardware, Schematic, design, development, "Orcad Schematic", Pspice, "Circuit Analysis", Pads, Mentor, Cadence, "Thermal Analysis", Ansys, Flowtherm, "IPC 610", Freescale, Infineon, "TI processors", "Processor Architecture", interface, Canalyzer, Canope, CAN, Matlab, Simulnik, "Visual Basic", Visio, Oscilloscopes, "Logic analyzers", Multimeters, "3 Phase", debug, Validation, analysis