Kforce has a client in Alpharetta, GA that is seeking a Hardware Support Engineer - Press. This is a long-term opportunity for a consultant to support a growing customer.
As an Indigo Hardware RSE (Remote Support Engineer), this role will work with other team members to troubleshoot and diagnose Indigo Digital Press issues, leading to the right customer solution. The Hardware Support Engineer should be self-motivated and will work on assignments that are highly complex in nature where a strong degree of independent judgment, initiative and technical knowledge are required to resolve problems.
* The Hardware Support Engineer - Press will provide expert remote support to resolve hardware and/or software issues for customers, including product calibrations and adjustments
* Trigger an onsite interaction (parts and/or field dispatch) if the issue cannot be fixed remotely; Proper diagnosis and parts identification are key to ensuring proper handover to the FSE (Field Support Engineer)
* Document case history and interactions with customer in the Company's Indigo Service Center (Issue, Customer Inputs, Data gathered, Troubleshooting performed, Diagnostic, Parts Dispatched, Contacts/Follow ups with customer, etc.); Ensure proper handover to field if needed; Prepare FSE prior to the visit, updating case notes and systems with all troubleshooting steps performed
* Contribute to maintain the Knowledge Database, sharing the knowledge with the rest of the organization
* The Hardware Support Engineer - Press will assist customers on subjects such as product features, specifications, parts info and compatibility, maintenance routines, educational programs and technical aspects in general, based on customer entitlement
* Main Metrics to measure Remote Support Engineer contributions are: Customer Satisfaction, Diagnostic Accuracy, Dispatch Rate and Efficiency
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with customers and different support personnel across the Company Support and Services organization
* Strong analytical and remote troubleshooting skills
* Candidates qualifying for this position will have similar experience along with the skills and abilities to perform the duties mentioned
* Any relevant education and/or training will be considered a plus
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability