Business Group Highlights Intelligence
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions. ResponsibilitiesEvery day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We•re a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves•to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways•not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter. Perspecta's talented and robust workforce•14,000 strong'stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.Perspecta has an immediate need for a Hardware Technician in Annapolis Junction, Md.The Hardware Technician provides Tier 2 and 3 on-site and remote supports for computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment. Conducts sites surveys; assesses and documents current site configuration and user requirements. Analyzes existing requirements and prepares specifications for hardware acquisitions. Prepares engineering plans and site installation Technical Design Packages. Develops hardware installation schedules. Prepares drawings documenting configuration changes at each site. Prepares site installation and test reports. Configures computers, communications devices and peripheral equipment. Trains site personnel in proper use of hardware. Builds specialized interconnecting cables.
QualificationsMinimum education and experience level: High school/GED and a minimum of four (4) years of experience. Equivalent education and experience: Associate s degree and two (2) years of experience.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and test computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment
- Install and configure computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment and associated cabling
- Maintain government and/or vendor-manufactured fiber optic modems, multiplexer, fiber optic/Ethernet cables & telephone systems
- Updates technical drawings using AutoCAD software as needed
Required Clearance: Candidate must have a TS/SCI polygraph clearanceDesired:
- Experience Installing, repairing and troubleshooting computer hardware and peripherals. Well-versed in installing windows, software, applications, antivirus and patches
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals and schematics
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- Able to manage time and priorities effectively
- Able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Proficient in working with end-users remotely
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Windows 7 and 10
- Familiar with Active Directory security and policies
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Outstanding communication skills to relate with team members and support workers
- needs to be able to lift 50 lbs and drive a company vehicle.
DoD 8570 IAT Level 1 certification or MTA. About PerspectaWhat matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.Perspecta is anAA/EEOEmployer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provisionPay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).