We are seeking a Senior Test Engineer II to supports all aspects of Digital & Analog design and test (amplifiers, filters, power supplies), and RF design and test as a member of a multi-disciplined engineering team.
The successful candidate will possess technical ability in development, design, and test verification. The candidate will also possess expertise in the development of test specifications for equipment under test and in troubleshooting the associated equipment. This includes supporting multiple military programs. The successful candidate will be detail oriented, organized, self-starting, multi-tasker, and work effectively with other test engineers and integrated product team members.
Qualified candidates please send a Word resume to Trevor at for more details.
Will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
* Minimum 6 years of electronics experience w/strong technical background.
* Experience testing analog, digital and RF circuitry and a demonstrated knowledge of PC-based testing & design simulation
* Proven ability and willingness to use analytical tools to analyze and simulate hardware testing methods prior to program execution
* Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and apply decision making skills with minimal supervision
* Familiar with Digital, Analog and RF Instrumentation (Oscilloscope, DMM, Counter, Network Analyzer, Signal Generator, Spectrum Analyzer, Power Meter)
* Familiarity with HW/SW Integration & Test Process and Procedures
* Proven ability to function as Test/Hardware Lead
* Basic skills with LabView, or other electrical testing tools
* Basic MS Office skills
* Ability to work in a process oriented organization
* Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
* Some travel required
* Prior experience in Assembly and Test Planning.
* Background in generation of Estimate at Completion (EAC) and Basis of Estimate (BOE) packages
* Strong problem solving skills with ability to proactively identify alternate solutions to overcome difficult technical challenges.
* Ability to prepare test related documentation with minimal revision and review.
* Programming experience with C++, LabVIEW
* Experience using ProE/Creo Schematic for electrical design
* Familiarity with Earned Value metrics
* Advanced degree in engineering or business desired
Requires a Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering technology or related Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) field from an ABET accredited university and 6 years of related experience
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or