Hardware Test Engineer
Join the Interactive Entertainment Business’s Manufacturing Test Engineering team and make your mark on Microsoft’s most advanced products. Our group designs and builds test systems for a wide range of highly innovative products. We are looking for an experienced and creative EE test engineer who has a proven track record of developing test solutions for complex high volume consumer products.
As a successful candidate, you will be a contributor to system-level and sub-system test system designs in fast-paced development cycles. A strong mix of technical breadth and vision allow you to work cross-functionally to tie electronics, software and mechanical assemblies into high quality test systems. You are highly motivated and enjoy bringing technical and tactical leadership to cross-disciplinary teams.
Your work experience includes a minimum of five years of test system design, with at least two years in the area of consumer electronics. Ideally this includes designing a variety of high volume manufacturing test systems covering a range of consumer product types. A track record of innovation and experience in selecting instruments and interface methods to achieve production cost targets is desired. The establishment of specifications and written test plans, including the development of test procedures to verify your designs, are integral to the position.
Additional responsibilities include project management of outside development partners, support for production qualification and ongoing cost reduction. Expertise in software development for test systems is preferred.
- Develop, integrate, debug, document, qualify, and support functional test solutions for complex printed circuit board assemblies and systems. Solutions may include standalone test systems as well as re-usable test modules.
- Partner with internal and external teams to develop and support test solutions for new product testing. Leverage existing solutions as appropriate.
- Ability to travel as required
- BSEE or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience developing test solutions for electronic products
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and documentation skills
- Statistical analysis capabilities required
- Experience with common technologies such as audio, video, RF, digital, analog, USB, image processing, etc., is expected
- Experience with test executives, such as TestStand, and automatic data collection is preferred
- Experience delivering solutions for high-volume production is preferred
- Experience with software languages such as C, VB, or Labview is preferred
- Requires ability to troubleshoot to root cause and solve complex problems
- Job involves very detailed technical tasks - must understand product specifications as well as test equipment operation
2401 4th Ave Suite 480 Seattle, WA, 98121Contact