Fantastic opportunity for a Hardware Verification & Validation Engineer !
Our Chicago-based client is seeking a Hardware Analyst, Electrical Engineering to support the electronic controls codes verification and Validation team at our Benton Harbor, MI headquarters.
As the Analyst, Electrical Engineering , you will be responsible for the testing and certifications of products and Electronics modules. You would be responsible for maintaining the lab and associated equipment to keep it in
working order. You will be the subject matter expert (SME) in the area of Underwriter Laboratories (UL) UL-60730, International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) 60335-1, and relevant IEC standards.
Please submit your resume with the link to your LinkedIn Profile.
- Test appliance controls and HMIs (Human Machine Interfaces) and other products against different requirements
- Define the technical specifications and requirements for modules and subsystems to enable designs that meet and exceed customer expectations
- Plan and execute Environmental, Hardware and Certification testing based on product or controls FMEA (Failure Modes Effects and Analysis) and/ or DVP&R (Design Verification Plan and Report)
- Knowledge of failure analysis techniques and able to use this to direct failure analysis
- Develop and maintain internal policies and procedures for new and failed product testing
- Understand product field failures and improve testing methods including reporting to engineering and management teams
- Follow and create test plans for evaluating hardware revisions and regression testing UL / IEC Electronics Module Certification for Controls based on UL60730-1 or IEC 60335-1
- Work with design engineers (Hardware, Software) in understanding the design and authoring test plan to meet engineering and regulatory requirements
- Leads or participates in the lab certification based on ISO17025.
- Maintain management reports
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering
- 2+ years of experience in hardware testing including experience with regulatory standards
- Experience in high volume Electronics product development & Validation.
- Understanding of Test to Fail, Design for Reliability, Six Sigma concepts ASQ certifications such as CQE (Certified Quality Engineer), CRE (Certified Reliability Engineer)
- History with maintaining test equipment and lab: Environmental chambers, shakers, vibration FFT analyzers, and IR thermal Camera
- Experience with Reliability and Statistical analysis software’s such as Reliasoft Weibull, ALTA, RGA, JMP, Minitab.Experience with oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Network Analyzers/ Spectrum Analyzers, High Frequency Testing
- Run, tune and maintain test scripts
Peterson Technology Partners (PTP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workforce.
About the Company:
Peterson Technology Partners (PTP) has been Chicago's premier Information Technology (IT) staffing, consulting, and recruiting firm for over 23+ years. Named after Chicago's historic Peterson Avenue, PTP has built its reputation by developing lasting relationships, leading digital transformation, and inspiring technical innovation throughout Chicagoland.
Based in Park Ridge, IL, PTP's 250+ employees have a narrow focus on a single market (Chicago) and expertise in 4 innovative technical areas;
· Artificial Intelligence
· Data Science
· Cloud & DevOps
PTP exists to ensure that all of our partners (clients and candidates alike) make the best hiring and career decisions.