Head Product Marketing Manager
Location: Orange County, CA (possible remote role)
Salary: Depending on Experience
Product Marketing Manager is a subject matter expert for the assigned Product Line(s), selected vertical markets and IIoT arena. Key product marketing interface between the Regional Business Unit (RBU) and Strategic Business Group (SBG) for the assigned Product Line(s) and selected vertical markets and IIoT arena.
The PMM head is responsible for coordinating all resources needed to effectively manage the assigned Product Line(s) for the local RBU market (North/Latin America), and provide SBG with voice of the customer and market information for assessing competitors and opportunities.
The PMM head will position the assigned Product Line(s) both internally and externally for growth and market share gain while working closely with sales team, channel partners and key customers.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Market intelligence:
- Identify market and technology trends within the industrial marketplace and targeted vertical markets in which emerging standards, customer needs, and the competitive environment need to be thoroughly understood.
- Provide comprehensive industry, product, and application knowledge to support the success and growth of the SBU and supported vertical markets.
- Business Planning & Execution:
- Develop and align RBU business plans with SBG business plans during ABP, Annual Business Planning workshop.
- Act as liaison between RBU and SBG to ensure that both parties are up to date on the current business status, and are aligned on business strategies.
- Set the annual SBG quota for the Americas and play an active role in the forecasting, reporting and achievement of quota.
- Sales enablement:
- Create training and sales presentation materials. Responsible for training company sales and channel sales personnel on technology and product lines, targeted vertical markets, and applications within the markets.
- Be an ambassador for company and represent value propositions to the customers through business development in the targeted market/sector.
- Campaign & Promotion:
- Work closely with the Global Marketing group to help set and coordinate the local RBU product promotion strategies and establishing respective promotional activities. Highlight customer testimonials and success stories per market segment.
- Contribute to the new product development/product enhancement for the local RBU marketplace.
- Branding & Partnership:
- Contribute to the publication of application notes, white papers, technical articles and interviews within industry magazines, trade journals and associations.
- Strategic alliance with industrial leading manufacturer or partners to enhance Company brand awareness in targeted markets or segments.
- Organization and people development skill
- Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Network Engineering or similar engineering major.
- MBA is preferable
- Minimum of 15 years working experience in product marketing & managerial positions,
- With 10 years' experience in the industrial embedded computer
- With 3 years experiences in IIoT
- And/or 3 to 5 years industrial communications preferred
- Minimum of 5 years people management experiences
- Technical background preferred.
- Domestic and international travel will be required.
- Will equate to ~25%
- Required Competencies:
- Autonomous learner with high motivation to independently drive the assigned business.
- Highly effective communication skill that enables regular interactions with sales management, R&D, product marketing, and other relevant teams regarding project status, technical issues, and customer feedback.
- Excellent customer focus with strategic planning experience. Strong project management and escalation management skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly skilled in relationship building and teamwork.
- Strategic and logical thinking.
- Dare to make difference, lead by role model and excellent coaching skill
Key Result Areas
- Achieve sales targets and goals
- Capture the Voice of the Customer
- Monitor competitive landscape and update competitive intelligence as needed
- Report market trends from key account and industry conference feedback
- Manage funnel for SBG sales opportunities
- Identify, support, and prioritize key sales opportunities
- Develop and align annual business plans with SBU strategies and Global Marketing strategies.
- Annual Business Plan / "Achieve Quota Plan" document as agreed to by SBG and RBU.
- Align marketing calendar with Global Marketing
- Clearly identify and set product positioning, value propositions, and pricing of solutions
- Webinars, sales materials (quarterly updates), white papers, articles, and other tasks as per objectives in MBO (management by objectives) agreement