The Head of Supply Chain Applications is a key member of the IT management team. The SCM Leader challenges others to develop as leaders while clarifying roles and responsibilities for team member. The SCM Leader pursues excellence in all aspects of business and oversees the implementation of business software applications and key responsibilities include the development, delivery, and maintenance of technology-based business solutions that satisfy both functional and non-functional requirements. The SCM Leader is a key contributor on the Technology Team and assists in the on-going development/evolution of Niagara applications and infrastructure. Qualified candidates are expected to have 8-12 years of experience with Financial/ERP/Transportation applications, demand/supply planning, manufacturing execution, distribution and warehousing, HRMS and Business Intelligence applications. He/she will have led at least one major implementation project and/or software systems upgrade.
- Evoke creative and innovative thinking from team members while helping them to bring their ideas and career plans to fruition.
- Anticipate internal clients’ needs and proposes alternative business solutions
- Grow and develop team members; prepare functional team to support all business applications.
- Effectively communicate relevant IT-related information to superiors and peers in other practices
- Lead functional and development teams and actively participate in all phases of system implementation including requirements gathering, functional and technical design, system design and development, testing and roll-out and production support.
- Assume a strategic role in the evolution of Niagara’s application portfolio, including designing and developing process improvements for roll-out in a multi-plant, 24/7 environment.
- Manage full life cycle implementation of major new technologies, potentially including WMS, BI, and CRM.
- Utilize disciplined development methodology for continuous evolution and optimization for the applications solution.
- Teach and mentor direct reports in Project Management Principles.
- Manage and oversee support of the Oracle EBS, Manhattan, Transportation, Logility and E80 applications.
- Troubleshoot transaction issues. Fully document all configurations, customizations, and interfaces to other systems.
- Develop and streamline IT applications support strategy and manage end-user expectations.
- Ability to identify and address root cause of production problems, and a strong background in resolving application support issues.
- Responsible for issue, problem and change management functions to ensure application availability, uptime and service levels to business users.
- Ability to formulate and document requirements, design specifications, and test plans for extensions to Supply Chain, Distributions, Manufacturing and Finance applications which include, reports, interfaces, conversions, and enhancements.
- Utilize disciplined custom software development methodology or COTS package implementation process for continuous evolution and optimization of applications/business solutions.
- Develop, generate and deliver steering committee meeting presentations to communicate project status, seek guidance and drive decisions.
- Follow industry standards related to software development lifecycle (SDLC) and software quality assurance (SQA) practices and methodologies to ensure quality of project deliverables and technical solutions.
- Enforce and manage project deadlines and schedules.
- Commit to quality deliverables while ensuring technical solutions are on-scope, on-time and on-budget.
- Accurately prepare written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, professional, and engaging.
- Follow through with commitments and assume additional responsibilities without being asked.
- Provide weekly status reports.
- Partner with internal, external and business partners to support the Niagara business application.
- Open and manage SR service request tickets with vendor level 3 support.
- Facilitate communication/relationship within the Niagara business and IT.
- Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- 6 Years – Experience in Field or similar manufacturing environment
- 10+ Years – Experience in Position
- 6 Years – Experience managing people/projects
*experience may include a combination of work experience and education
- Preferred Qualifications:
- 10+ Years– Experience in Field or similar manufacturing environment
- 10+ Years – Experience working in Position
- 10+ Years – Experience managing people/projects
*experience may include a combination of work experience and education
This position embodies the values of Niagara’s LIFE competency model, focusing on the following key drivers of success:
- Lead Like an Owner
- Manages a safe working environment, accurately documents safety-related training, and effectively communicates safety incidents
- Provides strategic input and oversight to departmental projects
- Makes data-driven decisions and develops sustainable solutions
- Skilled in reducing costs and managing timelines while prioritizing long-run impact over short term wins
- Makes decisions by putting overall company success first before department/individual success
- Leads/facilitates discussions to get positive outcomes for the customer
- Makes strategic decisions which prioritize the needs of the customer over departmental/individual goals
- Continuously evaluates existing programs and processes, and develops new initiatives to increase efficiency and reduce waste
- Creates, monitors, and responds to departmental performance metrics to drive continuous improvement
- Communicates a clear vision, organizes resources effectively, and adjusts the strategy as needed when managing change
- Find a Way
- Demonstrates the ability to think analytically and synthesize complex information
- Effectively delegates technical tasks to subordinates
- Works effectively with departments, vendors, and customers to achieve organizational success
- Identifies opportunities for collaboration in strategic ways
- Empowered to be Great
- Makes hiring decisions primarily based on culture fit and attitude, and secondarily based on technical expertise
- Engages in long term talent planning
- Provides opportunities for the development of all direct reports
- Understands, identifies and addresses conflict within own team and between teams
Additionally, SCM Leader is expected to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication, leadership, and collaboration skills.
- Possesses solid project management skills.
- Advanced decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Significant knowledge in all and previous hands-on experience in at least one of the following: Systems Oracle EBusiness Suite, Oracle Transportations, Manhattan Warehouse Management System, Logility.
- Leadership - inspires and motivates others to perform well; commands respect and is trustworthy; accepts feedback from others.
- Managing People - provides regular performance feedback; improves processes, products and services; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Ability to guide technical projects successfully from inception to completion.
- Experienced with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook.
- Team Work - balances team and individual responsibilities; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Adaptability - adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Planning/Organizing - uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Extensive experience with in Oracle applications (EBS, OTM, etc.), Manhattan/E80 Warehouse Management, HRMS and Supply/Demand Planning.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Project Management - coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time; budget management; manages project team activities.
- Oral Communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Minimum Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Transportation, Manufacturing, Computer Science or Engineering, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Master's Degree in Supply Chain, Transportation, Manufacturing, Computer Science or Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience.