Please note that this is a 7 months contract position.
Local candidates only, will report to office on day one.
Under limited supervision, responsible for Customer Lab activities that maintain and enhance the company's advanced video and signal processing hardware and software. Implements, monitors, enhances and troubleshoots systems in assigned areas. Works closely with Customer Headend operations staff on system design and configuration.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
• Configuration and operational support of conditional access systems (e.g. DAC 6000, VOD, multiplexing, digital transport, edge QAM, encryption and associated components).
• Work with Customer Management and Operations to deploy new service offerings and associated architecture changes.
• Document DAC configurations and lab goals. General health and stability of each lab configuration
• Point person for all lab issues —first point of contact
o Customer personnel contact on-site FE with issue
o Customer and FE analyze/diagnose together
o FE starts resolution process through Supplier's team
o Customer personnel opens ticket
• Lab planning process
o Customer provides input to FE on lab roadmap for upcoming testing
o FE works with Supplier team on requirements to address testing needs
o Supplier testing team develops test plan
o Customer notified of any additional lab hardware/software that may be required
• Miscellaneous requests for additional lab work
• Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
• Adhere to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
Ability to isolate and troubleshoot failed equipment, facility issues and other network components
Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
Ability to work with others to resolve problems, handle requests or situations
Knowledge and understanding of video, data and voice communications networks, IP networking
TCP/IP protocols, SNMP, ARP etc.
Advanced knowledge of LINUX and UNIX and their respected tools
Advanced Knowledge of Motorola (DAC) and/or CISCO (DNCS) video delivery systems (CAP, APEX, ARPD, QAM, OM2000 NC1500/2000)
Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Visio or equivalent design software
Advanced Knowledge of IP networks and network capturing tools.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (NCTI, SCTE, BCT/E,) (CCNA Preferable)
Related Work Experience
2+ years of video networking technologies experience
Experience with IP and MPEG Protocol Analyzers
Applicants must provide their phone number. Reference job number A810.