Clover Consulting has a large, direct client in Springfield, IL in need of a Health Care DWH QA Quality Assurance Tester. Term of this contract position is 24 months.
We are seeking an experienced health care data warehousing QA professional to join our team. This person will work with us to perform manual and automated SQL and report testing of a large health care data warehouse.
- Create test plan strategy and test plan templates
- Work closely with the ETL / BI team and other quality assurance professionals to write and execute test cases.
- Write SQL tests including minus queries and balancing queries.
- Automate some part of the testing as feasible leveraging existing tools in the project
- Appropriately update the test tracking and bug tracking systems to ensure that work is tracked accurately.
- Create repeatable test scripts that can be run in batch mode
- Support in defect / issue resolution and retesting based on the change control
- Support in getting users acceptance / approval working with the business users and other partner teams as needed
- Maintaining a log of all open items or issues and proactively problem solve to meet the project schedule on deliverables
- 5+ Years of quality assurance experience with 2+ Years in a health care Data Warehouse environment
- 3+ Years of experience with at least one of the following tools: Tableau, Cognos, Business Objects, MS Analysis Services, Hyperion, Oracle, Tableau
- Knowledge of Federal and State healthcare programs (i.e., Medicaid, CHIP) and related eligibility/enrollment principles, and claims data
- Experience contributing to and managing the planning and execution activities for the following SDLC phases:
- Systems analysis and requirements definition
- Systems design
- System Testing
- User Acceptance Testing
- Maintenance and operation support
- Strong knowledge of SQL including analytic functions
- Strong knowledge of system and regression testing including creation and execution of test cases
- Experience with data analysis techniques, data modeling and data management tools (e.g., MS Excel, SQL language, relational databases)
- 3+ Years of experience using test management tools such as DevSuite, Atlassian, Rational, HP, VersionOne, Rally or comparable tools.
- Strong organization skills and ability to set priorities and schedule work deadlines.
- Bachelors or Advanced Degree in a related field such as Information Technology/Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Analytics, Business Technology
- Adapting to the team and organizational culture
- Location: Springfield, IL
- Understanding of relational & dimensional modeling
- Understanding of HIPAA privacy & security rules
- Knowledge of Medicaid payment policy and MMIS data
- Knowledge of Agile and waterfall development techniques
- Proven ability to work with customers, DBAs, ETL programmers, Business intelligence architects, and PMO staff in a collaborative manner.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to business users in a clear and concise manner.
- Thorough understanding ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT-4, NDC and other medical coding standards